1~Useless breaths

AN:   Hey pirate fans!!  As promised, I give you the first chapter of the third (hopefully last) book of the series Pirate Chains! As you can see, it's in Haven's POV

AN:   Hey pirate fans!!  As promised, I give you the first chapter of the third (hopefully last) book of the series Pirate Chains! As you can see, it's in Haven's POV. And yes, we will be focusing on his relationship with Lou for a little while before bringing back Nyxy and Aggy to the picture.

I truly hope this book finds a way to your hearts the same way the other two did :)

So let's start yet another journey with the smexy pirates, ENJOY!!

~~~~~~

Haven (in the pic)

∞ Haven's POV ∞

I

 sighed wearily. I tried to silently encourage myself to get up and start a new day.

As usual, that didn't work.

It wasn't enough.

It's been like this for two months now. I barely get a couple hours of sleep every day. Lately, I didn't even have the strength to read or concentrate on scheduling my business anymore. So I just sat, on the side of my bed, waiting for the sun to rise. And then I had to find enough motivation to move my body outside and go to the deck.

I was exhausted all the time and I didn't have a specific reason to be. All I knew, was that I didn't want to be in people's company. So I tried to stay away from the crew as much as possible.

My room was the last one in the first level of the hull. It was not big, but enough to contain my clothes and the most precious items of my trades.

This time, though, my room was eerily empty. Just like the void in my heart. I had no books, no special vases, and no valuable paintings. Just a box that was half full of clothes and quite the small pouch of the remaining coins.

A pouch that I refused to touch. But I couldn't help but want to look at. And every coin I spent from it made me feel pettier. It reminded me of all my failures.

Aye, this was definitely the worst trading trip I ever experienced. Which explained why I continually felt like shit.

I went to try and stand, but I ended up lying on my back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. A familiar wave of dizziness hit me and I waited for it to pass. It wasn't a surprise, though. If one didn't sleep and eat well, he was bound to get sick somehow. Luckily, I was well acquainted with being sick.