Chapter 38

As the contestants were talking about Qi Hua, they saw Lisa approaching. But, their focus was on the young man following her with a german shepherd.

Everyone stared in shock. They hadn’t seen anyone on the island before.

“Is he the island’s owner? He’s so young!”

Once Lisa had rejoined the rest of the contestants, she heard some of them chatting enthusiastically about Chan.

“Even that fierce dog is now obediently following him. He must be a very kindhearted person.”

“He looks so handsome wearing glasses!”

“I wonder if there’s a mistress in such a big and beautiful villa. He’s so young that he wouldn’t have one, right?”

“He’s coming over! Woah, looking closer, he’s even more handsome. So tall and cool!”

Lisa couldn’t stand it, and said, “Don’t overthink it. He’s just a butler.”

All the contestants: “…”

They’d wasted so many praises on a butler!

“How do you know he’s a butler? Have you ever seen a butler wear brand name clothes all over his body before? Take a look at the glasses he’s wearing, they’re Rodenstock limited edition!”

Among the contestants, there were some who could recognise big name brands, like Yin Meiling. She didn’t believe in Lisa at all.

As Yin Meiling was expressing her opinions so surely, the others looked at Lisa skeptically.

The corner of Lisa’s mouth curled upwards. She glanced at Chan, who happened to be looking at them, and beckoned him over.

Chan raised an eyebrow. Lisa would take the initiative to call him? Out of curiosity, he led Love towards the group.

“When will your Boss Jeon return?”

“I don’t know, he never tells me his whereabouts.”

Yin Meiling was surprised. Was this person really a butler? She inspected the young man from head to toe with her eyes, finding that he looked educated and was clad in famous brands. Boss Jeon must definitely be super rich since he’d even assigned someone who dressed so well as a butler.

“Why are you asking me about that?” Chan stared suspiciously at Lisa.

Lisa responded with an indifferent expression. “It’s pure curiosity.”

Chan suddenly felt that he was being played with. He noticed that the girls in front of him were looking at him with pity. His instincts warned him that the stinky girl had just said something bad about him to these beauties.

He rolled his eyes, and suddenly said in an unusually gentle tone to Lisa, “Lisa, you don’t need to overexert yourself. It doesn’t matter if you lose in the competition. At worst, I’ll support you in the future.”

Lisa: “…”

The contestants that looked at Lisa: “…”

Goosebumps crept all over her body.

Crazy guy! Lisa couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

“What’s going on?” Chan asked as he walked closer, noticing the abnormal atmosphere.

From afar, he saw a young man standing in front of the contestants, walking the dog that had previously scared everyone. Out of consideration for their safety, he intended to negotiate with this strange man who’d suddenly appeared. When he was closer and could see the man clearly, he was surprised.