A Little Dark, A Little Twisted

I had decided to stay behind in Noah's room long after Dane and the others had left. I couldn't stop the guilt that was ripping through me. I ran my hand through my hair as I paced back and forth at the foot of his bed. 

Why did you do that? I growled at my wolf. 

You would never had done it. He is ours now. I just did what you should have done from the beginning. She surmised without much regret which only ticked my off more. 

But because of you now he is going to suffer and hate us, I say with a slightly whimper in my tone. The thought of him hating me was enough to make me want curl in on myself. I knew it was the damn bond though because I would have never been that hurt before which just made me more frustrated. 

He could never hate us. She states without hesitation. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I growl before I block myself from her not wanting to continue that endless looping argument. 

I peered over at Noah who was laying on his bed his brows draw together in discomfort and his body moving a bit restlessly in his unconscious state. I knew it was the bond working its way through him forcefully just as it had done to me. I shouldn't have cared that he was suffering. I mean he definitely deserved a little karma from me but now that it was happening I didn't feel any satisfaction. I let out a frustrated sigh and walked towards his side of the bed not really sure what I was going to do. 

I stood over him looking down and feeling completely unsure of myself for the first time in the long time. This is my mate and I had claimed him which meant for better or worse we were stuck together now. I tongued my cheek at this thought and almost laughed at myself. I had been trying to escape one possessive Alpha only to fall into the hand of another—well he wasn't all that possessive more like extremely stubborn and demanding. I bent over leaning in closer examining him more closely and noting once again that he was extremely attractive.

My eyes fixated on his lips and I felt the desire to kiss them well up inside so much so that I leaned in close enough to feel the soft warm pants of his breath hitting me. I pulled back quickly my face rushing with heat when I realized that I had been about to kiss him like a creeper while he was utterly defenseless. I turned my back to him and put a hand to my heart to try and calm myself down. Great, this had to be part of strengthening the bond and if that was the case, this was not going to go well for me. 

When Noah let out a soft whimper I turned back to him quickly with concern. He was beginning to move more restlessly in the bed. I bit my lips, rolling it between my teeth anxiously as I watched him. He only seemed to grow more distressed at the minutes ticked by. I didn't know if I could take much more of this honestly. I let my instincts take over and I reached out grabbing a hold of his hand. Surprisingly, that seemed to help calm him down some. Curiosity took over and I pulled my hand away from him. The distress kicked it up a notch and he seemed to be almost in a full panic in his unconscious state. I quickly reached out and grabbed onto him, "It's okay! I'm right here Noah—" I say to him even though I doubt he can hear me. I bring up my other hand and hesitate for a moment before I stroke his hair lightly. 

I almost want to roll my eyes at myself for the fact that I am in this situation but at the same time I can't help the tightening in my chest at being able to touch him like this. Normally he was so closed off and I mean I guess I wasn't much better but if I thought Noah was willing to be open with me than maybe I could finally take down the walls I had erected.