𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

2:39am

I put my phone back down on my nightstand with a groan of annoyance. What are me and Natalie? I mean, it's only been what? Three weeks or so...but she never talks about it after, detention was boring today-well yesterday. She didn't even glance at me, she was focused on her computer, she didn't look at me but I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

She was probably doing some work that needed to be finished, I mean I don't know a lot about relationships—not that me and her are in one but Charlie sleeps around with guys. It's not a big deal. But Charlie finds these guys hot, he doesn't have a crush on them really, but then again they aren't his teacher. She told me i was sexy...that counts for something. God only knows how many people she's called that.

I drop my head in my pillow, does she even like me? Is she sleeping with other students or just me? This is that stupid councillors fault, she's got me overthinking everything. I don't know what's gotten into me the last week or so.

I get up out of bed and fix my hoodie before walking out of my bedroom, heading downstairs to the kitchen. I almost jump from my skin when I see Jane sitting at the table biting her nail, she's lost in thought.

"Jane?" I say walking over to get a mug from the cabinet.

"Diana, what are you doing up this late? You have school." She responds snapping out of her thoughts.

"You have work, what's wrong?" I fill the mug with water before walking over to the table sitting down across from her. It's been awhile since we've actually had a conversation.

"Oh just stuff." She rubs a hand down her face. I cross my legs on the chair, taking a sip of water.

"What stuff?"

"Your school called me yesterday, what's up with you? You never get into trouble, Diana if this is my fault over your dad and I-"

"God no Jane. I don't know what's wrong with me, I think I'm just stressed. I haven't slept properly in a while, college applications and stuff are coming up so I guess it's that."

"You can't lie to me, I see right through you kid." She smiles softly at me, she's concerned about me.

"I think I just have a lot going on, I've been seeing someone, I can't catch up or focus in class, yeah the situation between you and my dad has affected me a little and I am stressed about college." I tell her and she bites her lip nodding.

"Okay well...Who are you seeing?" She smiles widely and I huff taking a sip of my water again before shrugging.

"No tell me Diana!" She frowns and I roll my eyes.

"Just a woman I met at the bookstore." I say and she smiles.

"Oh my baby's growing up." She squeals and I roll my eyes again.

"Goodnight Jane." I stand up walking around the table giving her a hug.

"Night baby, well I suppose that's something I can't call you anymore." She laughs and I do too.

"I love you." I tell her as I walk out of the kitchen, I see Sadie sitting at the end of the stairs waiting for me to go back upstairs.

"Come on girl." I tell her before walking upstairs, hearing her paws tapping against the stairs.

✺ ✺ ✺

I get to school early with Charlie, he links our arms and tells me all about him and Kai's messages to each other.