Ch 12 - The Verdict

I stared, shocked that Cheong-san was crushed by the shelves. The zombies ran towards the crash and I shook my head to snap out of. I took the opportunity to jump down and retrieve my knife. I'll have to write his name in my book...

Some zombies must have heard me and come running towards me. I quickly grabbed my knife and slashed the zombies. More started running to me and I continued to slash their necks. I felt one grab my ankle, so I stomped it's head in. I tried to pull my foot out, until I realized it was stuck in it's skull. Gross.

Behind the mass of zombies, I saw Cheong-san crawl out from under the shelf and run off. I also noticed some of the zombies were trying to get to him. Without thinking, I shouted, "I'm right here you zombie bastards! All you can eat, so come at me!" The zombies ran to me, allowing safe passage for Cheong-san.

He looked over to me with a sad frown. I simply nodded as I continued to fight the zombies, who now had me cornered. With this he hesitantly nodded and ran off.

I smiled, at least one of us might make it. I continued to cut through the zombies as I tried to loosen my foot. I need to get my foot out, or else I'm screwed!

I placed my free foot on the zombies body and ripped my other foot out using all my force. I screamed out in pain.

.
.
.

Mi-Jin's pov:

Once Ha-ri shot the zombies down I looked in the library window to see is anyone had survived. My mouth dropped as I saw a girl with h/c hair running around the library and killing zombie left and right.

"Guys, there's a chick in there!" I shouted. Everyone stood beside me and looked into the window to see the girl. She wore a crazed expression and smiled as he mowed through them. We could hear her muffled laughter.

"What are we waiting for? Let's help her!" Ha-ri said and ran to the library doors. We followed behind her and ran in as she opened them. Jun-seong of course stayed behind, while we helped take down some zombies.

My staff, got stuck in a zombies head and another began to charge at me. "Shit!" I yelled and closed my eyes. However, nothing happened. When I opened them I saw the girl with h/c hair in front of me as she killed the zombie.

She turned around with e/c eyes and a cigarette in her mouth. She said something I wasn't paying attention to. The only thing I could say was, "Hot." She smirked and quickly stabbed a zombie who apparently came from behind me, before she ran off,

Woah...

...

"So who are you guys?" The girl asked. "I'm Mi-Jin, and these guys are my minions." I said with a smirk on my face. The girl smiled, "Well aren't you guys cute. Definitely a good team structure, with long and close range fighters."

Your pov:

"I'm Ha-ri, this is Min-jae, and Jun-seong. We're looking for my brother Wu-jin. Have you seen him?" A girl holding a bow said and pushed in front of the group.

Hmmm, Wu-jin.

Wu-jin.

Wu-jin.

"Not ringing any bells, sorry." I said and crossed my arms. She sighed and said, "Oh, well your free to join us. It's dangerous to be alone." I shook my head, "Nah, go on. I have to reunite with my gang anyways. Plus I sprained my ankle, so I'll only slow you down."

They looked at me like I was dumbest person alive, "Don't worry. I can take care of myself." They didn't look convinced.

"No way in hell are we going to let you do that." The first girl said. I simply took a puff from my cigarette and said, "Don't be so sure about that."

"What the hell are you talking about?" She asked. I smiled a creepy smiled and held my knife close to cheek smearing some blood on myself in the process. "Do you really want a murderer with you? I mean, I've already killed humans. Who's to say I won't hurt you?" I smiled.

They looked at each other and I could feel the tension build. Whatever I have to say, to make these guys leave me alone. Getting back to Hee-su and is my top priority. "You've killed, humans?" Ha-ri asked. I nodded.

"You can't be serious." Min-jae said. I responded with, "You may or may not have heard of me before. I'm y/n and my brother is Myeong-hwan." Jun-seong soon spoke, "Uh guys."

They started forming a group while the scared boy whispered and pointed at me. Myeong-hwan must've scared that boy before all this. They spoke amongst themselves for a bit before finally facing me again. I yawned and asked, "So? What's the verdict."

"We're wasting time standing around. Are you coming or not?" Ha-ri asked. I shook my head no and she sighed. "Alright then, let's move guys." She said and started walking.

"How lame." Mi-June grumbled, turning to me and said, "For the record I voted that it would alright to join us." I smiled and said, "Thanks." "Well, good luck." The tall guy with a bow said. I nodded and watched as they walked off, and eventually were out of sight.

I sighed as they left the library. I limped over to Gwi-nam's corpse and poked his cheek. Yep that's dead. Dead as hell. I took out my notepad and wrote down his name and a quick summary of encountering him.

No one's pov:

Meanwhile...

"Joon-yeong. Didn't you mention that your science club made a drone?" On-jo asked. "Yea. Do you want to look for Cheong-San with it?" Joon-yeong relief.

"Could we?"

"Well, yeah. But it's in the science lab."

"We can go get it."

"How would we get it? It's crawling with zombies out there."

"That." On-jo said and pointed to the hose they used to climb in and out the room. "You want me to climb up in that?" Joon-yeong asked. "But there's zombies in the science lab too."Ji-min stated.

"There weren't any in the supply room. Right?" On-jo asked. "That's true but-" Joon-yeong said.

"We have to find Cheong-san and y/n. There's no one else besides us to start looking and rescue people."

Wu Jin stood up and said, "I agree, y/n would do the same if it were us. So would Cheong-san. She risked her life so many times for us. This is the least we can do."

"You like her don't you?" Dae-su asked. "W-what?" Wu-jin said. "You like her? You guys are like the opposite!" Hee-su said with a hint of annoyance. "I don't!" Wu-jin stuttered with a blush.

"Cmon Wu-jin, don't lie. I know your type." Dae-su said and patted his shoulder. "Shut the hell up." Wu-jin said and pushed him off. "Is that why you kept staring at her?" Hee-su asked and hugged her baby tighter.

"What's it matter? How are we going to even search for them." Wu-jin said and crossed his arms.

"It would be good if we had a drone. We can find those two and then we can see how things are outside. We might even be able to send and emergency message or ask for help." Nam-ra said.

.
.
.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE READS AND VOTES!!!! It means so much to me 🙏