eleven

"This was the last place I'd expect to find you" The sound of a familiar voice comes from behind me, the sounds of heels getting closer and a hand placed on my back to my surprise

"What can I say? I enjoy the smell of my favorite drink, helps me remember what a shitty place it put me in" I turn around and greet Gorgeous with a hug, not having seen her since her wedding.

"It's always a pleasure seeing you Gorgeous, how's family life treating you?" I pull away from the hug and meet her brown eyes, the soft smile that was always friendly and welcoming to me.

Violette looked as gorgeous as ever, it seemed like having a child and being married to a man like Enzo didn't have any effect on her.

"My boobs hurt and my head kills me daily and it's not because of my son" She takes a seat on the stool beside me as she's found me in a bar and I laugh at her response.

"How's Enzo?" After their wedding, Enzo swore to leave his old lifealone and decided it was finally time to settle down and just be with his family.

"He's a pain in the ass, he's hogging my son as if I didn't spend four hours in pain but other than that he's good. It was hard for him to accept that he was a father, he never saw himself as being a good one. You helped him a lot before you moved" She places her hand on mine and I recall all the times Enzo came to me for parenting advice.

"Tell me about you, tell me about Iris. How's the custody situation going?" Violette declines the drink offered to her and I do the same.

"William thought it was a good idea if I faked an engagement with someone, to show the court that I'm more than capable of providing Iris a healthy and supportive life" I explain to her and it catches her by surprise and she quickly looks down at my ring finger but finds it empty.

"It's not a real relationship?" She questions and I deny her question with a quick "nope" and I explain to her that it's an agreement that the other person gets something out of it.

"Wait so... who's the lucky woman who agreed?" She's now intrigued, leaning her elbow on the counter and waiting for me to tell her.

"I call her Beautiful but her name is Grace and as the nickname tells, she's beautiful. Studying to become a doctor, and helpful when it comes to Iris's heart condition" I mention Grace and Violette grow even more interested.

"Someone else with a nickname? Mariano Delrosa I can't believe that you're cheating on me!" Violette jokes, placing her hand on her forehead dramatically.

"You will always be Gorgeous to me, no one can take that away from you" I take her hand and squeeze it and play along with her, and it makes her laugh.

"She sounds nice, you should've brought her to dinner. I would've loved to have met the woman who was worthy enough to have her nickname" She mentions the dinner and I go back to thinking of the reason Grace declined the invitation.