20

Don't forget to vote!

O R A B E L L A

"You wanted to speak with me?" She asked as the two of us sat on each side of the table.

I noticed how calm she seemed. Just a few weeks ago, she was glaring at me and had plenty of smart remarks.

"Yes, I did... I wanted to make amends if possible. I wasn't that nice to you when we were kids and I understand why you dislike me" I told her. She raised an eyebrow in questioning, something Cole did as well.

Before she could say anything the waitress came to the table. I ordered a salmon dish with a lemonade while she just got a cappuccino.

After the waitress walked away she then spoke, "Make amends? That seems suspicious... you sure this isn't about my brother avoiding you?" She asked. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"Well... yes and no. I wanted to talk to you about that but I also wanted to see where we stood when it came to being friends" I admitted. I could tell that from the look on her face she didn't quite believe me.

"Friends... not sure how that's gonna go but alright. I don't mind trying it out. Let's start with my brother, what do you want to know?" Reyna asked.

"I doubt he's mentioned me recently but could you at least tell me what happened to make him the way he is now?" I asked her. She tilted her head slightly, seeming to be deep in thought.

"As far as the conversations we've had, you were not mentioned. He's been either focusing on the company or our younger siblings these past few weeks" She told me.

The last time I remember seeing Cole would be At Kayleigh's Christmas party. I don't really remember anything from that night... except for me embarrassing myself when he brought me home.

That next morning I had ran into the bathroom and felt as if I were going to die. My eyes were dry and my stomach felt like it was on fire.

I love you Cole.

Did I seriously say that? Or was that a dream?

"My brother is more like our father. He's not as hot tempered but he tends to shut himself down when it comes to feelings and emotions... it's not really my business to tell but he once had a relationship with Faith.

Long story short, she was just using him for future references like money and shit. Although you weren't using him for money, you still used him to try and kill our father.

He has trust issues. Hell, I do too. Our own uncle and grandfather wanted our mom dead, we were kidnapped! They probably wanted us dead too. Who wouldn't be fucked up after all of that?

But my brother is a big softy at heart, which is why I want to protect him. He may not look like it but he gets shy. He just cares too much for people, he always has." She spoke out with a small smile on her face as she played with the bracelet on her wrist.