The Finale - Part 3

Part 3 - The Finale

We sat in the bunker, complete silence consuming us all. Even the children had stopped their chatter, as if sensing the conflict in the air.

Something touched my elbow and I spun around, looking down at Alex.

"Mommy, you don't have to be worried. Daddy's doing to win," he smiled at me, hugging my leg.

I squatted to his level, hugging him back.

"I know, sweet boy. But it's my job to worry," I told him.

He giggled, holding my head in his hands, his blue eyes staring into mine.

"Because you're mommy?" he asked.

"Yes, because I'm mommy," I told him, kissing his nose, "Now why do you go get the other children and play. They all look like they've seen a ghost."

"Yes, momma," he grabbed Ava's hand, and skipped around to gather the fear stricken children.

Just like an alpha, he made all the other children feel less tense and safer.

"Eva!" I heard Derek's panting before his voice.

Yes, the same Derek that I was destined to be mated too, but I chose his brother. No hard feelings now, no more awkwardness. He was the perfect uncle to my little ones, and Will trusted no one more than Derek to keep us safe.

He even chose a mate two years ago, and two months ago they had a baby. She had given birth to a little brunette baby girl, that looked exactly like Derek.

He had been keeping watch above ground, but the fact that he was yelling and inside the bunker set off warning bells.

"What's wrong?" I demanded, running to meet him halfway.

The rouges. They crossed over the property, a hundred of them at least. They're planning on attacking from behind. We hadn't planned for this.

He spoke through our mind link, not to alert the others. Everyone was staring at us.