chapter.22

daisy

Daisy clutched onto her bloated stomach, pain clawing its way through her insides. It was the time of the month that she especially hated being locked away, yet ironically proceeded to hide away in her cell for as much as she could, which unfortunately wasn't as much as she'd like. The prison schedule wasn't very sympathetic to her situation.

Usually her periods wouldn't be so terrible as they were usually predictable and manageable. But perhaps her recent stress and anxiety had caused a riot in her body because the pain was now excruciating.

"It hurts," she groaned into her pillow, hugging her knees into her chest tighter in an attempt to squeeze away the cramps. It didn't work.

"I know, my love, I know. But, you've had enough paracetamol for now. You have to wait a few hours before I can give you more," Seth said, voice full of pity for his little angel.

She rocked herself for comfort and shook away the hand that was comforting her. "I don't want your pity, I want drugs."

Her boyfriend, while ever attentive and loving, was at a loss on how he could lessen her pain. She was embarrassed, knowing she shouldn't be, yet she was about the circumstances out of her control.

Despite her attitude, he rolled her onto her back and slipped his large hand under her sweatshirt. Her feisty walls melted as he rubbed her stomach in repetitive circular motions. Seth did this for her every time she had a stomach ache, the warmth of his hand being the closest she had to a hot water bottle.

"You're too little for more, silly angel," he cooed into her ear. Daisy squirmed as his breath tickled her and the stubble brushing against her cheek caused a distracting tingle to course her body. Likely sensing her reaction, he began placing slow seductive kisses on the curve of her neck.

"B-but it hurts," she complained, trying to remember her thoughts and what she was asking for in the first place.

"It hurts? Are you sure?" He whispered smoothly against her skin.

Suddenly, she was very aware of his hand on her bare skin, the exploring circles getting larger. Her hands that were originally placed on his chest to stop him from crushing her beneath him, now grew limp, as did her whole body. "Seth," she moaned as her eyes flickered shut, her lips parted and dry.

He bit at her neck softly. "Answer me, kitten. How do you feel?"

"Good?" Daisy answered weakly with uncertainty in her voice. She didn't having much control over what she was saying.

Suddenly, he blew a raspberry in her neck pulling her out of the trance he easily had her in. "Hey!" She giggled in surprise.

While before a wanting for Seth to be closer appeared and the pain dimmed, it all unfortunately came rushing back to her in full force.

Seth's smirk disappeared and was replaced with worried pressed lips. "I hate that you're in pain." He rubbed her frowning forehead with his thumb. "Let's go get you some food. Some warm soup should help, Angel." He suggested.

Reluctantly, she sat up and very hesitantly got out of the bottom bunk, terrified of any accidents occurring. Her gang leader boyfriend could easily get her replacement pants if needed as well but the shame she'd feel asking for them would be too much for her anxiety ridden body to bare.

She was thankful that Marie could provide an abundance of pads and painkillers but nothing could be prescribed for the embarrassment she'd feel every time she had to usher Seth out of the cell to use the toilet privately. Periods in prison were not ideal regardless of how comfortable everyone tried to make her. Post period, the efforts were appreciated nonetheless.