Love at First Letter - 29

Do you know how frustrating it is to write this chapter ten different times and not like even one of them. I had a solid plan on where the rest of the chapters were going to go and what was going to happen, but I just didn't like how this chapter kept turning out. But I think I've finally got something I semi-like.

I am so sorry for making y'all wait for this. But I've finally updated.

Should Scott Eastwood (Picture Above!) be Brett? I'm not too sure, so I want to hear what y'all have to say about it! Let me know below!

Love at First Letter

Chapter 29

I drove in circles, laughing as Brett sat in the passenger seat with a black tie wrapped around his face. He wasn't too fond of being blind folded and reluctantly let Johanna and Cara tie it around his face. But now that we were in a car, he was even less happy about it.

"Stop complaining." I tell him and grab one of his hands in mine. "This is what you get for losing that game of darts. You lost and now I get to take you out on a date."

The game happened late last night. Johanna and Cara were on their date with a pair of twins and weren't going to be home until late. Don't wait up, is what the note had read. But having nothing better to do Brett and I decided to go down to the bar to play a game of darts. Under the influence of a few beers Brett had bet me that he would beat me in a game of darts. It probably wasn't the best idea, having objects that could possibly hurt someone while being tipsy but we did it anyway.  

However, what Brett didn't know was that my uncle's favorite game was always darts. He had taught me everything about it when I was little and my dad was away. It wasn't a very hard game and I had taken to it like a natural.

"You hustled me." He says. "I didn't know you are some kind of dart prodigy."

"I am not a dart prodigy." I laugh. "I just had a lot of time on my hands to practice."

"Whatever, are we almost there?"

"Yes, we're here." He goes to remove his blindfold but I grab his hands before he could. "Just a few more minutes before you can take it off." He groans but sits back in his chair and doesn't say a word. I can see Johanna and Cara setting up the last bit of the date. When they're done they send me a thumbs up and head back to their car. "Now just wait a minute." I get out of the car and walk around before opening his door.

I take his hand and help him out of the car. "You're taking away all of my masculinity." He tells me. Before we get onto the sand I bring him to a stop and take off his blindfold. When he sees where we are he sends me a glare. "The beach, really? You live two minutes from here and we were driving for half an hour."

"I had to stall." I shrug my shoulders and take his hand in mine. We were at a more private area of the beach and during low tide it was the perfect time to set up a table on the beach. The sun was starting to fall under the water and the sky was a mixture of pink, orange, and red. There was nobody else around, just Brett and me.