8

In the cool of the morning, the eternal voices of women chatting in groups woke Tara from her sleep. The sun was peeping inside the tent, making her blink several times to adjust to the light.

Taking in her surroundings, she saw Oman sleeping at a safe distance from her.

Delightfully, Oman snored in deep slumber. He wasn't looking scary in his sleep.

Curiously, she crawled up to him and sat near his side. Despite his square jaw, his rugged beard, and his unemotional face, there was no sign of anger on his handsome face.

With the support of her hand, she hovered over his face. Her fingertips traced his eyes and his nose and stopped at his lips, those plump round pillows on his face were a site of admiration. His lips were the only part of his body that were so soft and cute.

She giggled a little. Then she placed a hand on her mouth to stop her giggle.

She pushed her fingertip between his lips, making them part a little. She again giggled when her fingertip touched his teeth.

Oman was awake and aware of her touching. He took her finger in, opened his mouth a little more, and bit on her finger. She screamed, pulling her finger back, but Oman grabbed her wrist, making her freeze.

"Admiring your husband?" He asked. His voice low and a bit raspy, as if he had just woken up.

"No, I was checking why you were making weird sounds," she said without any hesitation. Her face looked amused while she hid her smirk.

Her hand was massaging her abused finger, where he bit her.

"You mean snoring," he said, squeezing his eyes.

"Yes, like a donkey." Did she really say he was like a donkey?

"Shut up. Everybody does that in their sleep. Even you snore in your sleep."

He was offended at being called a donkey. He was a handsome hunk, and women always desperately wanted his attention.

Of course she doesn't snore, but he had no other better reply to her remark.

Tara pushed his buttons further.

"You always call me monkey. Why can't I call you a donkey?" She smiled at him, showing her white teeth.

"If you again say that word, I am going to kiss you hard." Her smile dropped at that.

Oman thought his plan worked but was a little disappointed that Tara didn't want him to kiss her.

With the speed of light, she pecked his lips.

He got paralysed and was still lying on his back, not able to understand anything. Did she really dare to kiss him, or was he just imagining her doing that? Was she not afraid of him anymore?

"What was that?" His throat bobbed up and down.

He pulled himself up; his face was so serious that she thought he didn't like her kissing him.

"We are supposed to kiss, and yesterday you accepted it for yourself that we are husband and wife," she held her head high, making her point clear, showing her right on him.

Did she eat something wrong?

"It wasn't a kiss. It was just a peck, and don't mention it in front of those people out there," he said in strict tones.

He was enjoying their talk. She was opening up with him, which was a good beginning.

"I don't understand why you don't like showing that I am your wife," she said huskily, looking around so no one could hear her.