{Chapter 15 Shopping!}

Lol so I figured out how titles and ranks worked in nobility so since (y/n) is the son of a grand duke he is considered with the title his highness or a Prince idk why but he is and I explain how they became a family of grand dukes in this chapter. Also the chair demon aka Iruma's grandpa is a lower rank in nobility. Not because house Iphis is op but because it has more connections to stay on top and has had millenniums to secure their spot in society. Now on with the chapter!
___________________________________________________________

(Iruma's Pov)

I was eating breakfast like normal about to go when I heard Oprea walk in. Behind him was Lucy and (Y/n). (Y/n) looked dressed up in elegant clothing. His hair was slicked back and he looked like a totally different person than how he is at school!

"His highness and heir to the house of Iphis (Y/n) Ipshis has arrived!" Oprea announced. (Y/n) bowed his head and grandpa bowed in return.

"Archduke Sulivan, his highness (Y/n) is grateful to be able to take Iruma shopping today." Lucy said bowing also.

"Yes thank you ." (Y/n) smiled,  his head still lowered.

"Iruma your gonna go with his highness (Y/n) so behave and have a good time here some cash!" The Archduke chair demon said as he grabbed a large pouch of money and put it in my hands I was super shocked and confused.

"Um (Y/n), what are you doing here?" I asked, confused but still happy to have a classmate in my house for the first time.

"Iruma a pleasure to see you again." (Y/n) smiled at me as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I couldn't help but blush a little. "I invited you to a ball. House Iphis is hosting nobility only. Your grandpa stopped me before we left and asked if I could instruct you on proper party attire and proper etiquette." He said I nodded in understanding.

"I see a party..." I whispered in thought. I shouldn't stand out much. "What happens if I don't go?" I asked and he looked shocked.

"Well technically this will also count as your debut into high society and if you don't go you'll be the talk of the town!" He explained and I felt my heart fall to my stomach.

"So how long are we gonna be gone for?!" I laughed awkwardly.

"Shouldn't be long but on our way there I'll teach you about titles and ranks." He said as he pulled my arm.

(3rd pov)

"How come Oprea called you his highness (Y/n)?" Iruma asked (Y/n), smiled and lit a cigarette putting his arm out the window.

"Well my fathers the Grand duke as his heir. I am also called a prince even if I have no royal connection to being the next demon king. there is no demon king at the moment. The reason we are called Grand dukes is because my great great grandfather was a demon king and he was good friends with the demon king after him and that demon king gave him the title of grand duke which has stayed with us for generations. Our job after that was to serve the demon lord and we've been doing it for generations. Our women would serve as the demon lords wives or put into their harem if they had one and the men would serve as their right hand man and advisor." (Y/n) explained puffing smoke from out of the carriage window.

"Really? That sounds kinda cool. You're a prince yet not a prince this ranking sounds complicated..." Iruma whispered, Lucy smiled at him.

"Iruma I promise it won't take too long and we won't make you memorize all the noblemen (Y/n) can help you with that. Our job is to help you with the basics and on what to wear!" Lucy smiled at him, soothing him. Iruma got a sense of familiarity from Lucy's smile like he'd seen it before. Like Lucy cared about him much more like an older brother. Out of instinct he moved his hand to grab Lucy's sleeve. Lucy looked down at him in shock while Iruma flushed out of embarrassment and lifted his hands up above his head.