Chapter 17

The next day at School I told Lauren everything that happened the day before and she was practically already planning Natalie's death.

"Harry kept apologizing, even though it's not his fault. It was cute though." I told her as we walked to the cafeteria.

"You guys are like made for each other. I don't know Harry that well but I can tell that he really, really likes you. You should make a move. You kissed, more than just once, and neither of you discussed it?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't want to ask him. I'm afraid of getting rejected."

"You have to talk with him about this! You can't just leave it."

"Considering the fact that Natalie pretty much tried to pull all my hair off as she saw that Harry kissed my cheek I'm pretty sure that that's not the only thing she's capable of. Let's say Harry and I are dating, just hypothetically, she'd kill me."

"So you're going to let her keep your happiness away from you? God damn it, Brittany. YOUR happiness comes before anyone else's. Don't let her get to you." Lauren said with a stern look on her face.

"I know." I sighed. "But I just can't help it. I want to be with Harry." I admitted for the first time as we entered the cafeteria.

"If you want to be with him then just do it. Don't let Natalie get into your way."

"I know." I looked around and saw Harry already standing up and walking towards us.

"Look who's already walking toward you." Lauren whispered and I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Hi Lauren." Harry said politely and nodded at her before looking at me.

"Hi." He smiled and pulled me into a hug, kissing my cheek before pulling away again.

"Wanna eat Lunch at my table?" He asked and I glanced quickly at Lauren who gave me a reassuring nod and a thumbs up.

"Sure." I replied and he grabbed my hand before walking back to his table, giving Lauren a small wave.

I sat down next to him and pulled out my Lunch out of my bag. I groaned as I noticed that I forgot to pack my water.

"I'm gonna grab a water bottle, forgot mine." I told Harry and pointed to the wending machine which stood in our cafeteria.

"Wait, you can take mine." I was just about to stand up when he handed me his water bottle.

"He's so whipped." I heard a boy with short brown hair mumble, whose name I think is Liam, as he shoved food in his mouth.

"Am not!" Harry muttered.

I giggled softly and took a sip of his water bottle before closing it and handing it back to Harry. "Thank you."

+

The School day went by quickly and soon I was sitting in Harry's car and he was driving me home.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked as he pulled out of the parking,

"Sure."

"My sister, Gemma, is coming back from college to visit us this weekend. And I was... I was wondering if you'd like to come eat dinner with us on Friday?" he was chewing on his bottom lip which looked extremely hot. He glanced nervously at me.

"I would love to come!" the smile on my face was huge and his was now, too.

"Good, be there at 6."

+

The next days included Harry and me spending time together and Lauren teasing me for the crush I had on Harry which seemed to grow everyday.