11

"Baby, I just need you to tell me where you are right now."Damon said as I continued to sob with the phone still over my ear.

"My dorm."I sobbed as I wiped my tears away but I only began to cry harder as I thought about what Doctor Brown was telling me.

"Your mother and I are sisters. Your grandmother had me give you up to Foster care and they promised to bring you back if I go to college. When I come back from college you and Diane were gone. Gone to another state, I could not afford to go and get you so I just let her have you because I knew she would give you an ideal life, baby."She said as she reached for my hands but I aggressively pulled my hands away from her and moved away from her.

"No, that's not true. My mother is Diane Nia James and my father is Richard Nolen James."I spoke as I moved back towards her office door.

"Imani, you have to believe me. I don't even know how I recognised you but you still look the same."she muttered whilst crying as she walked towards me but I made my way out her office and shut the door behind me before I rushed away.

"Baby. What's wrong?"Damon asked once he rushed to hug me tightly which made me cling onto him tightly and sob harder.

"They lied, Damon. Everyone lied to me."I sobbed as I held him tightly like I could not even hold him tighter.

"Okay, listen baby I just need you to cry it out then when we're done with crying it out you can explain to me what's going on, alright?"he asked as he led me to my bed, he laid down before he gently pulled me onto his chest and caressed my back.

After I eventually calmed down and I explained to Damon what Doctor Brown revealed to me and he was too stunned to even comment.

"Should I ask my mom?"I asked as I looked up at him with a frown.

"I feel like you should let it sink in first so you can have good questions to ask because right now you will just ask questions out of anger and not get the response you need or want."he suggested as he took my hand in his and kissed it a couple of times, he then playfully began to kiss my hand right up to my arm which made me giggle.

"I could even help you with those questions."he muttered as he looked down at me which made me smile and peck his lips.

"Now what's wrong with you? I can tell that you are tense."I asked as I looked up at him.

"I'm not ten--"
"Damon."I warned as I looked up at him with a frown.

"I found out that JR and I might be brothers through Simone. They were both interfering with my adoption without even telling me."he explained which made me bite my lip and look up at him with guilt.

"You too baby?"he asked as he looked down at me in disbelief.

"I mean, JR told me and I really wanted to help baby. Don't be hard on him."I explained which made him sigh.

"I would be mad at you too but we just made up from a fight."he muttered which made me giggle.

"So there's a limit for fights now?"I asked whilst giggling as I looked up at him.

"Yeah, we only fight twice a month and the other times we are mad at each other we take it to the bedroom."he seductively said as he gave me a smirk which made me giggle.

"Well what's taking you so long, You mad aren't you?"I asked as I sat up and looked down at him with a smirk.

"As hell."he responded whilst chuckling as he pulled me back to his chest.

"I'll just cuddle with you instead though."he continued as he pulled me closer to his chest.

"Thank you for this Damon. I really appreciate it."I said as I kissed his cheek.