Chapter 4

Elena’s POV:

            “So your dad kicked him out?” Melody asks incredulously as we walk down the streets.

            It was Saturday afternoon, and Melody and I were walking in the streets of Holmes Chapel. I was dressed in denim shorts with a peach blouse tucked in, with nude flats. My light brown hair was flowing around in the wind as I looked around the seemingly peaceful town. The wind blew around slightly, making the trees dance and leaves fly around.

            Looking back at Melody, I sighed. “Dad didn’t exactly kick him out,” I tell her, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. “He just told me how he didn’t exactly like Harry. And I guess Harry heard and decided to leave.”

            I had told Melody all about how rude Dad was with Harry yesterday, and how Harry had probably heard what Dad was saying. To be honest, I felt sort of bad about my father’s behavior towards Harry. I know that no one wants someone to just say they don’t like them so suddenly just like Dad did with Harry. It’s rude and uncalled for.

            “Your dad scares me,” Melody murmurs as we make our way towards Debbie’s Diner.

            We didn’t have work today, but Melody and I some times like to go to the diner to just chill and hang out. It’s one of the main places to be on the weekends. I laugh as Melody’s statement. “Same here, Mel,” I say. “And he’s my Dad, for Christ’s sake.”

            Melody and I enter the diner, and I see a bunch of people from school are here. The two of us walk to where the bar stools are, and cleaning the counter on the other side was Zoe, another girl who worked here. She had wavy golden blonde hair with blue eyes, and had a tall figure. She’s really pretty too, and is dating a freshman from some college not too far from here.

            “Hey you two,” Zoe smiles when she sees us. “What’s up?”

            “Nothing,” I smile. “What about you? Been busy around here?”

            Zoe shrugs, putting the cleaning rag away. “It’s alright,” she says.

            Melody and I hang around for a while, talking to Zoe and drinking the milkshakes we later on had ordered. As we talk, the diner’s doors suddenly burst open. A guy who I recognized as a Year 11 student in my school came panting in, out of breath. “There’s a fight! At the park across the street!” he exclaims.

            Everyone exchange looks before standing up and running out the diner. Melody, Zoe, and I exchange looks before getting up as well and following the crowd to the park that was built across from the diner. As we approached, I saw already several people standing around something or someone, yelling and shouting. Well, cheering, to be exact. Zoe, Melody, and I pushed our way through the crowd, trying to get to the front to see who in the world is fighting.

            My eyes widened and an involuntary gasp escaped my lips when I saw who it was. It was Harry fighting some guy from our grade. He was a big guy, a bit bigger than Harry, and had blood coming out of his nose. My eyes trailed over to Harry as he glared hard at the guy, his jaw clenching and unclenching. I watched as he brought up his fist and smashed it against the guy’s face, sending the guy flying over and falling on his back.