21

Don't forget to vote!

C O L E

Damnit.

I'm gonna be late.

"I'm never gonna hear the end of it" I muttered out as I fastened my seat belt.

"Stop being so dramatic. We're only gonna be ten minutes late" Lukas spoke out from next to me, laughing. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"When it comes to dinners like these, mom wants all of us to be there on time. You're the reason why we're late." I told him.

Just as Lukas said, we arrived at the house within ten minutes. As soon as I turned the car off, I was already heading towards the door with the gifts I brought.

After knocking a few times it was Serena who let us in, "Mom's finna beat your ass" She spoke out before taking the gifts I brought, setting them under the tree.

After shutting the door I saw my mom as she made her way towards us.

She surprised me when she pulled both Lukas and I in for a tight hug, kissing my cheek.

"Sorry that we're late mama-" I spoke out.

"It's alright Cole, as long as you're hear. Why don't we all go into the kitchen? Everyone's waiting" She spoke out cheerfully before walking ahead of us.

What just happened?

"Dude, is your mom alright? Last time we were late she practically dragged us into the kitchen and didn't even let us have any dessert" He whispered out.

"I don't know... she seems too happy. I feel like she's up to something" I muttered out as the two of us walked towards the kitchen.

When it came to my mom, I didn't know what to expect. She's really sweet and I would do anything for her, but she also tends to be mischievous.

As the two of us walked into the room my eyes immediately landed on Orabella who was helping my mom set the food on the table.

Her long hair that was normally straight had been curled. She wore a long black trench coat with a dress that stopped midway down her thighs.

What the hell is going on?