𝑺𝟐/𝟎𝟔: 𝒅𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒚 𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏

YOU WANNA MAKE ME HAPPY,
AND FILL MY HEART WITH JOY.

YOU WANNA MAKE ME HAPPY,AND FILL MY HEART WITH JOY

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"What's going on?"

The four of us stare at little Kevin by the door, while Priscilla screams her tiny baby lungs out.

"Come here!" Holly's heels clack against the porcelain flooring, pulling Kevin in by his shoulders before pushing him against the wall, making him drop his bag of toys. Both her and Oliver lean down to his eye-level, using their glares of intimidation to scare him. "Were you listening the door?" She asks piercingly.

"N-No!" Stuttering through his fear, Kevin's eyes go back and forth between Holly's dark eyes, and her hands gripping the collar of his coat strongly.

Oliver scoffs, "Then what are you doing here?!"

"Let the child go- oh god!" Maria's sentence gets cuts off by her own sneeze. "Oh bless me!"

"Yeah," I shut the door and roll my eyes at the two threatening the child. "let Kevin go."

"Kevin?" Holly questions with her hands on her hips. "What like, you know this kid?"

I nod. "He's staying here with his dad." I push her and Oliver aside to get a hold of the eight year old.

Kevin wraps his arms around my hips, hugging me while his freezing face warms up against my black slacks. "I came back from the toy store and heard a baby cry, I was only curious!" He tells me with his voice cracking every other word.

I brush my hand through his blond fringe poking out of his pom-pom beanie. "It's okay Kev."

"It's not okay though?!" Holly chimes in, sneakily pointing at Priscilla, who's crying has dimmed due to her being tired. Yet she lets out little sobs here and there.