𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮- 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐳🎄

**Y/N's POV**

**Y/N's POV**

"Come on Y/NN get your ass up now we have a Christmas tree we need to go find!" My mom yelled as she threw a shoe at my limp body making me groan.

"I'm using this invasion of privacy as a reminder to get my locks changed. I gave you a key for emergencies not to come in whenever you wanted. I could have been breaking someone's back in right now." I replied as I wiped the sleep from my eyes.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that Y/N Y/M/N! I'm not one of your little friends!" My mom said, raising her voice, making me internally laugh.

"Ain't that the true cause my friends wouldn't just let themselves in my house," I replied as I got out of my bed.

"Don't start Y/N you know we have family traditions you do this every year ever since you and Ash-" my mom began to say as I raised my hand.

"Don't bring her up. I know we have traditions and you know how I feel about them yet you do this every year. But you don't care, you never do. Give me thirty minutes and we can go get that bullshit ass tree you want." I replied before going into my bathroom.

Some would say I'm a grinch and I might even agree with them. But this holiday has lost all its meaning ever since my ex-girlfriend Ashley ended things with us a little over three years ago.

Three years of losing the love of my life and I still haven't gotten over it I'll admit that. But what else was I supposed to do when the person I loved more than anything or anyone in the world decided to choose to end our relationship all because of her career?

As I showered I thought back to that time. Ashley and I had been together for almost five years at that point and I thought things with us were as close to perfect as possible. I planned on proposing to her during her family's Christmas Eve party. Everything was planned out perfectly.

I had worked with a jeweler in California to custom-make Ashley's dream ring. Every conversation we had ever had about our future and getting married she'd describe the ring she wanted and I made that come to life. I was beyond excited to make the love of my life my wife finally.

But all of that came crashing down when I was visiting her in Washington during Thanksgiving in her rookie year. She told me we needed to talk and it was like I knew by those words things weren't going to end well with us.

I came back home with a broken heart and I haven't been the same since.

Even though Ashley was the one to end things she wasn't very far removed from my life I couldn't help but stay up to date on her career all thanks to the mutual friends we still shared. But I haven't seen her since
I left Washington.