xxx. the beginning of the end

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY:

the beginning of the end

★ ★ ★

    It had been three days since Aurora returned back from the fight at Hogwarts. Three days of rest was all that she required before her mornings switched back into the same routine she had been following for months in the city of Merlen.

The day after the battle at Hogwarts had been the quietest the city of merlen had been. There was no breakfast served, and no meetings for the day. Everyone had been exhausted after spending's hours in the middle of the hardest fight of their life and that is why everyone who participated in the fight spent a full day in their bedrooms, catching up on well needed rest.

Especially Harry, Aurora, and Luke: the three of them had notably gone through the worst physical pain.

You might have thought that in those three days of rest Harry and Aurora had talked about everything that went on in the last year that they had not seen one another. Between Harry believing that Aurora did not exist and Aurora believing him to be dead, it was clear the two had much to talk about but neither were ready to speak.

The two of them just spent the days wrapped up in one another's arms but did not speak much to one another except Aurora explaining Merlen to him.

However today Aurora decided that she could not spend another day in her bedroom and forced herself to wake up early and begin her day.

She turned around and glanced at Harry who was still fast asleep with his hand extended onto her side of the bed, where she lay moments ago. She examined him for a moment, taking a moment to realise how lucky she had been that he was here. He looked different, she noticed that the moment she saw him the first night he arrived here. He looked older, maybe they all did. his black hair had been messily sticking up in different directions with a single curl hanging down on his forehead, he appeared stronger in his shoulders yet looked like he lost some weight.

He had been the most benevolent person over the last day. Aurora had felt so exhausted and drained after the fight at Hogwarts, and between fighting Runskin and getting her eyelids pulled out, Aurora felt as though she could sleep for the rest of her life. Harry noticed this and without fail spent the day literally bringing her foods from the kitchen and keeping her occupied.

She looked at the clock by her nightstand which read shortly after seven, and rose from the bed wearing Harry shirt and a loosely fitted pair of shorts.