Chapter 38

Yupiiii !!!! I'm back with a new fresh long chapter, and I hope all of you will enjoy it. :)

Thanks to the lovely readers, friends, and friends of friends for your votes and comments. Love you guys. And I hope those who have voted and commented on the last chapter didn't get scared when I crept into your rooms and sang you lullabies. <3

Okay, now, dedicating this chapter to @Malibucruise

Everyone enjoy! And there's a treat for Sarah and Sammy lovers. :)

_______________________________________

_______________________________________________

"Elli's home, Emma?" Oliver asked as Emma exited through the main door.

She glanced at the children who were bickering about something while waiting for her in the car - not so patiently. "Yes, she is, but I'll advise you not to bother her that much..." Opening her purse for the keys, she gave Oliver a meaningful look. "...she's already in a bad mood."

"Yeah, yeah," Oliver just rolled his eyes. "I was just about to... forget it. I'll ask her myself."

Saying so, he moved forward.

Emma stared, puzzled, at Oliver limping towards her house. He was definitely hurt. "Oliver!"

With a questioning look, Oliver turned around.

"Are you hurt?" Emma asked with a hint of concern.

Oliver smiled half-heartedly. "It's better to be called an attempt to murder rather than - hurt."

"Huh?" Emma was confused.

"What can I say, Emma? I'm just so kind, and my heart is so big that I just have to help all my friends who're in any kind of trouble, especially love trouble." Oliver explained, which didn't help Emma's confusion to go away a bit. "It seems like I'm a hypocritical love guru after all," he said the last bit in a whisper.

"What's got love trouble to do with you limping around? And...," Emma asked and then frowned. "You're calling yourself a hypocritical love guru? What is that supposed to mean?"

Oliver made a horrified face as if reminiscing a traumatic memory. "A dog - the size of a ping pong ball bit and ripped almost half of my precious bum Emma. And it's all because I was just too determined to help one of my closest friends here, Sebastian, to find his Cinderella..." he then scratched the side of his brow with a distant look. "And about the hypocritical love-guru part, well, that's a really long story. Anyway, back to the topic at hand..."

Emma was gaping at Oliver while the sad man sighed and halted halfway with a shake of his head.

"I tell you, Emma, I'm going to seriously die one day helping these love-sick friends of mine. Thank the heavens that I'm not one of them and probably will never be." Oliver sighed dramatically, placing a hand over his heart.

Emma smirked. No matter how much annoying Oliver was, she had to admit that he had a great heart truly. "You know, Brandan's very lucky to have such a friend like you."

Oliver smiled softly.

Emma spun on her heels, ready to leave, the kids were screaming way too much in the car now, and when she looked at their way, she saw them trying to come out the window. It was about time Savanah came out of her house and started lecturing about morning peace and calm.

"Emma..."

Oliver calling out her name made her turn back. 

"Hmmm?"