Chapter 10: The Wedding Preparation

"Every person has to love at least one bad partner in their lives to be truly thankful for the right one." - Unknown

Vote

Comment

Edited By: bomabenjy

........................................................

Clara Bell Bennet's POV

Markovich Palace, Russia

Everyone in the Palace was busy for the upcoming wedding. I tried to convince my Grandpa to cancel the wedding but he just shrugged off my appeal. I was really frustrated. It still irked me that everything seemed so easy for Rafael to have everything he wants. And because my grandfather wants a heir it's impossible to change his mind. He was too eager to have a heir soon. 

Those two men are just impossible. They may get me married Rafael but this marriage for sure won't be consummated. They can't control me in everything. 

I haven't seen Rafael since the day we slept together. And for some reason, I felt empty. But I kept ignoring it trying to fight the urge of succumbing to his charm. 

My seamstress is coming today to take my measurement for my wedding dress. I was on the balcony watching the vast lands of Markovich Palace, the beautiful garden that was carefully maintained by the gardeners, the beautiful flowers blooming exquisitely. The garden uses raised pathways that divide each of the four quarters of the garden into 16 sunken parterres (flowerbeds). Halfway between the tomb and gateway in the center of the garden is a raised marble water tank with a reflecting pool positioned on a north-south axis to reflect the image of the Palace. Elsewhere, the garden is laid out with avenues of trees and fountains. Paradise is understatement to describe the ideal garden of abundance with four rivers flowing from a central spring or mountain, separating the garden into north, west, south and east.

Then a knock at my door interrupted my thoughts admiring the beautiful sight before my eyes. I walked back inside my room and saw Rhea and a lady which I believe in her mid-forties looking beautiful in her elegant sheath white mid-calf peplum sashes paired with white pumps. 

"Bell, this is Lady Anastasia, she will be your seamstress. She's the best seamstress in whole Russia." Rhea said proudly beaming at me. 

"I'm Bell, Please to meet you Lady Anastasia." I smiled stretching my hand for handshake. I'm glad she's not like the other who used to curtsying. She seems relieve too when I extend my hand for handshake. 

"I am so honored to meet the Duchess, My Lady!" she smiled broadly. 

"Please call me Bell!" I smiled back.

"Alright, Bell. May we start?" she stated coolly as she puts downs her stuff on the table. 

"I'm ready!" I replied with a force cheerful voice.

Not long she was busy measuring my body. I had to endure lifting my hands, turning around when she needs me to. I felt like a doll that was played and spin off. 

"Done!" she exclaimed happily and put all her measuring and notes back in her big bag. Then she showed me all the garments she has. Lace, silks, satin, tulle, and a lot more

Then she designed me a dress on her drawing pad. After like a centuries, she showed me a sleeveless A-line appliqued Muslim dress, floor length with train and full-line. Built-in bra, with button styled in the back. It looked simple but elegant. 

"Beautiful!" I mumbled after she showed it to me, explaining every detail excitedly. 

"I will be using the tulle fabric. So what do you think? Do you have any idea what to wear?" she asked me earnestly.