snow angels

third person pov

"you're so heavy!"

"die"

"okay, anyway" kageyama continued piggybacking y/n "you were saying?"

"and then- he went boom!" y/n made an explosion with her hands.

"mmm" kageyama was listening, nodding his head.

"isn't that so cool?"

"yeah" he smiled.

he walked a few more steps before y/n, for some reason, got down off his back. he looked back at her confused, but nonetheless continued walking.

before he could ask, she said it herself.

"tobio!"

he looked down at her. "yes?"

"it's snowing!"

he couldn't believe it. he thought he was just messing with her, like how she told him gullible was written on the wall before.

but this, this was different.

he looked up at the brightly white sky, seeing snowflakes fall ever so gracefully.

and quickly, it filled up the streets. not just that, but the rooftops of houses, trees, lampposts.

as y/n was about to launch herself in a flurry of snow, kageyama quickly grabbed her and tucked her up to his chest, awkwardly taking the flaps of his jacket and shielding her with them to keep her warm.

"y/n, you're gonna get sick!"

"tobio, are you my mom?"

he gets ptsd for a second.

she grins at him before running off to douse herself in the abomination of snow.

"y/n-" he reaches his hand to stop her but it's too late. she's already running around like some crack addict.

he sighs before squatting down in the snow.

he wraps his arms around his legs, watching y/n play in the snow. his legs gave out before laying down, starting to move his hands and legs in the ice.

"tobio-chan, are you making a snow angel?"

"huh?"

"you don't know what they're called?"

"no..."

kageyama gets up in a sitting position and turns behind, seeing the imprint of his body with wings on the snow.

y/n places a hand on his shoulder and redirects him to his masterpiece. "see? that's a snow angel!"

he looks back at her like she's stupid before shrugging and getting up.

but she doesn't care.

"isn't this amazing?" y/n squeals and throws up a handful of snow in the air.

she smiled as she watched it fragment into little snow pieces.

and kageyama was watching it all.

little snow dots decorated her hair, cascading from the top of her head to the black blazer of the uniform.

he gently pulled off a piece of fluffy snow from her hair between his fingertips. he brought it close to his eyes, watching it disintegrate between his fingers and melt.

like little snow angels in her hair.

kageyama watched the angelic expression of her face. she looked so happy.

she looked...

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!"

"wha-"

that was the last thing kageyama said before getting obliterated with a snowball.

AUTHOR NOTE

AUTHOR NOTE

okay guys so maybe i lied this book aint ending yet.

I STILL LOVE IT SO MUCH

AND I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE

just sayin.