Chapter 2: This is not a squad

As she landed on the mountains her father was already beside her ikran helping Neteyam get off.

-Mom!-Tuktirey came running to hug Neytiri.

-Tuk!-Neytiri said as she hugged her.- Tuk, Tuk, Tuk.-she repeated warmly.

Liläk patted her ikran's neck nervously, Jake was furious and she knew a scold was coming. Even though she was probably not going to get in trouble, she knew Lo'ak was going to be screamed to. She had never told anyone this, but she hated the way her father treated her brother sometimes...he didn't understand him.

The moment Lo'ak got off her ikran, her father began his speech. Neytiri approached Liläk and touched her shoulder as Kiri looked at her from afar, knowing fully well that her dad was mad.

Jake called his sons and Liläk sternly.

-You're supposed to be spotters,-he began.-you spot bogies and you call 'em in, from the distance! Does any of this sound familiar?-it did, their father had explained them their job several times. To avoid the conversation Liläk was still next to her ikran, caressing her neck. Lo'ak was similarly under the neck of his.

-Get here!-her dad said. She walked towards them and got beside Lo'ak who was breathing heavily, but no one else seemed to notice. Liläk took his hand and pressed it softly. Kiri had approached them and instead grabbed Neteyam's hand.

-Jesus! I let you two geniuses fly a mission and you disobey direct orders, if it wasn't for Liläk's call I wouldn't even know you got into the battlefield! And then you,-his dad pointed at her.- you come down to find Neteyam, which I get, but you aren't supposed to go down unless I directly tell you to.-as he noticed Kiri and Tuk where around he found it necessary to send them away, they weren't the ones who disobeyed him, they weren't the ones he thought he lost...

-Kiri, can you go help your grandmother with the wounded, please?-He said exasperated.

-My brother is wounded.-Kiri answered back.

-Just go, please!-Tuk was looking at Lo'ak's back not knowing which of her brothers his father was referring to.-Tuk go with her! Go!-Jake insisted, irritated.

Tuktirey pouted but obeyed her father, so did Kiri, who rolled her eyes and looked at Liläk before leaving, Liläk gave her a look of disbelief, annoyed with her father's harshness.

-Dad..Sir, I take full responsibility...-before Neteyam could continue, Jake interrupted him.

-Yeah you do! That's right, because you're the older brother you gotta act like it, like Liläk does.

-Dad...-Liläk said, hating the way Jake compared him to her.

-No Liläk.

-MaJake -Neytiri said after Jake stood quiet for a while.-your son is actually bleeding.

-We gotta take you to get healed.-Liläk said as he got beside Neteyam and grabbed his arm.

-It's...it's fine.-Neteyam mumbled.

-No it's not, you're actually hurt.-She said this while looking at his dad defiantly.

-Just go and get patched up.-Jake continued.-Go on, dismissed!

Liläk shook her head with his dad's choice of words. Dismissed, seriously? She thought. She adored him, she did, she also understood that his scolding's usually came from a place of worry and fear. She didn't justify it, but she understood.

Neytiri took Neteyam to get healed but Liläk didn't move from her place.

She grabbed Lo'ak's arm and waited for his dad to continue.