Chapter 4: The Battlefield

Kiri, Lo'ak, Spider, Liläk and Tuk where jumping around on the branches that connected the hallelujah mountains, laughing with each other.

-Guys!-Tuk whined, starting to be left behind.-Wait up!-she called.

Liläk immediately stopped and waited for her sister. She laughed sweetly at Tuk's jumps. She was worried at her being there though, but Lo'ak had wanted to take her. They were having fun so she shoved the worry away.

-Come on 'evi.-she let her get in front of her and jumped behind her.

Already down on the ground, they kept running thought the trees, Tuk still behind, taking in the sights of nature she didn't get to explore as much as her brother and sisters did. She crouched down to touch a plant with tentacle sort of petals, laughing as she did. Liläk was still behind the group, to make sure Tuk was not left behind.

-Tuk, keep up!-Lo'ak said, exasperated at his sister's slower pace.

-Okay, okay.-Tuk replied as she stood up to run once more.

-Bro why did you bring her anyway?-asked Spider.

-She's such a crybaby...-Lo'ak turned around to face his siblings and Spider.-she's all: "I'm telling, you're not supposed to go to the battlefield."-He mocked Tuk.-"I'm telling mom if you don't let me come."

Tuk showed him her tongue as she made a mocking sound. Liläk laughed at her.

-Don't pick on her.-Kiri said.

-How did you convince...-Spider asked Lo'ak. Liläk's blood burned at Spider addressing her as if she wasn't right next to them.

-You are all here under the condition that you listen to me, also, I'll only let you be here for 10 minutes...-she raised the digital clock his dad had laying around.-I'll time it.

-Yeah whatever.-Lo'ak said, annoyed that he had to follow her orders if it came to it, but knowing it was the only way he could go explore. Liläk had been put in charge of them for the day as their parents and Neteyam were on a mission she had no interest in. Sometimes her parents treated her as the second child, even if she was the same age as Neteyam. She could understand Lo'ak because much to her dismay she felt similar to him, having to "compete" with Neteyam herself, even if they did it subconsciously.

Liläk used to follow her dad's orders and her dad didn't really scold her as much. However, she had felt a bit hurt over them asking Neteyam to come with them and leaving her behind, which is the reason why she ever agreed to let them go to the battlefield...she was tense about it, for sure, but what's the worst that could happen? There had not been a random attack in the woods for ages. Lo'ak was impressed that she had let him go, when they told him they would be staying with Liläk he thought there was no way he could convince her to go, even less bring Tuk around to not tell their mom about the affairs of the day, but much to his surprise he let him. Granted she had her conditions, but he didn't expect her to just let them go.

There was a plane tangled on some vines.

-Come on!-Lo'ak said while climbing up.

-Are there any dead bodies up there?-Tuk asked from the ground, where Liläk stayed with her. She found it funny that such a cute little voice like Tuk's was asking that. She saw Kiri start to wonder off.

-Kiri!-She called.-Don't go too far okay?

The battlefield unnerved her a bit...she had seen the images of war that had happened there. She could see Quaritch attacking her parents, almost killing her dad. The first time her dad took her there she was overwhelmed by all the sights, her nightmare's becoming true right in front of her eyes, but now, she always felt like the place was on hold, like a location that would always hold the ghosts of a past she wasn't even supposed to know about.