44

Chapter 44. Things got easy

Iris was anticipating returning to work after having lunch, but her husbands had other ideas. They were back home.

Jasper couldn't resist inhaling the intoxicating scent of Iris's lavender-scented shampoo.

They had assisted her with her morning bath but had refrained from touching her at her request. It was a struggle to resist, but he knew he had to respect her wishes. He couldn't blame himself for being irresistibly drawn to his gorgeous wife.

Despite knowing that she was out of his league, he couldn't help being drawn to her, just like a moth is attracted to a flame. He was willing to risk it all to be near her, even if it meant getting burned.

The thought of being able to touch her was enough to make him take the chance. He was willing to face the consequences if it meant being able to experience her touch. She was a temptation that he couldn't resist.

"You drive me crazy," Jasper muttered, his hand tightly gripping her waist as he leaned his head against her shoulder. "I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have you in my life."

"You kidnapped me," she reminded him matter-of-factly.

Elias glared at her, but he placed a finger under her chin, forcing her to look at him. "If it meant being able to keep you with me, I would do it all over again. I would do anything to have you by my side."

"You could have just asked me out on a date like a normal person," Iris pointed out, biting her lip nervously. Despite her reservations, she wasn't hesitant to voice her thoughts. Jasper's grip on her relaxed as he realized she was only asking these questions out of pure curiosity, not because she wanted to leave them.

The mere thought of her leaving him was enough to drive him crazy. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

He was insane already. But without his wife, he would be a menace.

"We knew that if we asked you nicely, you would run away from us," Jasper explained.

"We couldn't bear the thought of losing you, so we took the selfish route and tried to force our desires on you. We didn't respect your boundaries or your wishes. It was a mistake, and we are deeply sorry for the pain we caused you. Trust me, Iris, we would do anything to keep you with us. We would bring you the world, beg for your forgiveness, and kiss the ground you walk on. Please... don't leave us. We can't bear the thought of losing you." Elias's voice shook with raw emotion as he spoke.

Tears welled up in Iris's eyes as she listened to his words. She was overwhelmed with emotion, and his words made her heart tremble. She couldn't understand the feelings that were swirling inside of her. At first, she was filled with fear and anger towards these men, but now she only felt pity.

She constantly fought with herself, telling herself that it was foolish to show kindness to such monsters, but then their touches and sweet whispers would melt her heart. Eventually, she decided to let go of her resistance and accept them just as they were. And once she let go of her resistance, everything became easier.

She reached up and gently cupped his face, noting the tired lines on his face. She knew that something was wrong with the company. There had been security breaches and missing documents, and she couldn't shake the feeling that something sinister was going on. But despite the potential danger, they had always made sure to keep her safe. The arms that had once suffocated her now felt like a protective shield.

"I'm not going anywhere," she whispered, placing a tender kiss on his nose. "I promised to give you a second chance, remember?" He sighed in response to her touch, seeming to relax under her gentle ministrations.