greeting the morning light

A slight shifting on the mattress and movement between his arms roused Eijirou from his sleep.

His eyes flitted open, squinting at the bright light of another beautiful, sunny day. Once adjusted, they focused on Bakugou, who had just flipped in Eijirou's arms from his back to his side, leaving their faces no more than a dozen centimeters apart.

Bakugou's eyes were closed shut, lids twitching with sleep, his chest expanding and contracting slow and even against Eijirou's. He looked peaceful. Happy, even, and warmth bloomed in Eijirou, relief, and he allowed himself to breathe in the moment. Eyes wide, he studied Bakugou, gaze following the angle of his jaw and cheekbones, hands trailing softly up and down the curve of his spine.

Without even thinking, he brought a hand to brush a longer strand of hair behind Bakugou's ear and gently cupped his cheek. Bakugou's eyebrows scrunched together, and he let out a long groan, turning his head as if trying to smother himself with the pillow.

Through the fabric, Eijirou could just make out a muffled "You woke me up, you fucker".

Eijirou let out a huffy laugh. "Sorry, sorry." He wasn't sorry, though. His hand stayed put.

Bakugou didn't seem to mind. If anything, he relented, leaning into the touch, his face no longer hiding in the plush of his pillow.

With a smile stretching from ear to ear, Eijirou scooched forward, bringing their bodies closer together, gently nudging his face against Bakugou's, placing the softest of kisses on his cheek, then another, and another, and another, on his temple, his forehead, his nose, coaxing Bakugou to accept the affection. Eventually, Bakugou gave in and allowed Eijirou to cup his jaw again and press their foreheads together, their lips hovering apart.

Eijirou's thumb brushed against the corner of Bakugou's mouth. He closed his eyes.

"This okay?" he whispered, his voice so low he could barely hear it himself.

Bakugou didn't say anything. Just nodded against Eijirou's forehead. He grinned and brought their lips together.

No matter how many times they did this, Eijirou was never gonna get tired of it. The soft breaths, the gentle push and pull. It was addicting. Bakugou laid with his back to the mattress, getting comfortable, and Eijirou perched on his elbow over him. Like that, they allowed the kiss to linger, move, deepen a bit, just enough to get Eijirou's heart racing.

Eijirou pulled back, taking in the sight before him. Bakugou's sleepy eyes had finally opened, wide in wonder as they studied him, his lips upturned in a contented smile. Eijirou beamed, his lazy fingers brushing across a cheekbone, finding their way to ash-blond hair and combing through the strands.

As if a fire ignited in him, Bakugou brought his hand to the nape of Eijirou's neck and pulled him down for one last, searing kiss.

"Well, good morning to you, too," Eijirou muttered with a laugh.

Bzzz.

Against his lips, Bakugou groaned.

"Gahh," Eijirou laughed again and rolled onto his back, flinging an arm over his eyes. "Stupid phone."

He could hear the yawn Bakugou let out next to him. "It's been doing that all morning. Keeps waking me up." Even after all that kissing, he still seemed half-asleep. "Silence it or something. I'm going back to sleep."

"Nope, nope, I'm wide awake." Eijirou elbowed Bakugou in the side. "Seize the day."

"No."

"Come on, dude," Eijirou whined, prodding at Bakugou some more. "I thought you're supposed to be the morning person in this relationship."