synopsis

Esmyrie, a rebellious but faithful outcast.

She is... different to say the least.

Her father, Nilar is from the forest. Nilar in his younger years was very much like Jake Sully was, an adventurer. Curious of the world. And so, he ventured off, coming across the people of the sea, where he met Illa'oke.

They were only teenagers at the time, but they fell in love. Fell in love with their differences and eventually with each other.

Illa'oke was of the sea, but she had always felt like the forest was calling for her, and so, after years of being together they eventually decided to leave, going back to Nilar's home, the forest.

The Omaticaya Clan was weary of Illa'oke, for they never interacted with sea people, as their lives were just too different.

But overtime, they saw the love Nilar had for Illa'oke, and eventually saw her as family.

Jake Sully, Nilar and Illa'oke we're actually pretty close once Jake became Na'vi and fled the sky people back to earth.

Nilar and Jake had an almost brotherly bond, for they were so very similar.

When Jake and Neytiri had their first born, Neteyam, Nilar and Illa'oke we're overjoyed. They were so incredibly happy to see the new family become larger.

And then, when Jake and Neytiri adopted Kiri, Illa'oke began to get jealous.

For she and Nilar had been trying for years to have a child of their own, but it seemed as if Eywa had other plans for them. They at one point even thought that they were cursed for falling in love as if they were from two different parts of the world.

But then finally, Illa'oke fell pregnant, and when Nilar told Jake, Jake literally tackled Nilar to the ground in happiness.

Neytiri fell pregnant for the second time soon after, Jake realizing his family was getting bigger and bigger.

Esmyrie was born, and Lo'ak was born only days after. but the birth was difficult for Illa'oke.

Both Illa'oke and Nilar knew how difficult it was to get pregnant and so they knew there was always a possible risk of the pregnancy being harmful, and it so happened that it was.

Illa'oke died giving childbirth, not ever getting the chance to hold her child, and Nilar nearly lost it.

He lost his mate, his heart and soul, and he couldn't bare the thought of taking care of a child, their child, on his own.

But then he saw little Esmyrie and how she was the perfect combination of them both.

Her skin is an ombre, blue at the top and a slight green tint at the bottom, starting around her thighs. Her tail, skinny, like the Forest people, but arms strong like the sea.

Her most unique feature though happens to be her hair. White like clouds.

For Nilar doesn't know where that gene came from, but he loves it either way, for he thinks it's Esmyrie's own personal beauty.

Her looks of being part forest and part sea didn't always go well though.

The Omaticaya Clan didn't always see her as apart of them.

Nilar struggled for a very long time, never knowing how to play both roles as parents, and he always went to the Sully family for help.

There would be days when the grief was too much for the widow father to handle, and his only escape was to fly. On those days, he would take Esmyrie to the Sully's, Jake and Neytiri easily taking the role of babysitter until Nilar got back from grieving.

This was when Esmyrie got to spend the most time with Lo'ak and the Sully family.

She would always hangout with the boys, Kiri too (but she liked to hangout by herself most times). Neteyam would always want to play warrior with her, but Lo'ak and Jake always saw that game as being too dangerous, and so instead, it was Neteyam and Esmyrie's thing to go fishing together, even at such a young age.

Esmyrie would look for the fish, and would even sometimes call the fish over, something her father taught her, that he had learned when he met her mother. And then Neteyam would shoot the fish with his bow and arrow.

For Lo'ak though, they were rebellious, always sneaking off without permission to see the beauties of the world. It was common for Jake to find his youngest son and Esmyrie in the biggest leaf they could find, painting images of what they saw on the leaf.

When Neytiri had Tuk, things changed...

For the kids all got older, and overtime their relationships with one another got stronger.

Neteyam and Esmyrie would still fish, but now it was a competition of who could get the most. A friendly game that always kept them busy and laughing.

Esmyrie and Kiri would spend many nights talking about Eywa, particularly how beautiful Pandora was and how lucky they were to have such amazing families. Those talks only happened on nights when Nilar was gone, grieving for his mate that passed years ago and never got to see their child grow.

Esmyrie even got close with Tuk, mainly for telling the young Na'vi stories of warriors.

Esmyrie also became close with Spider, a human boy, living like a Na'vi. He was orphaned, growing up with scientists that were more his friends than parents. He was what everyone saw as a 'stray-cat', but Esmyrie saw something more. They became siblings in a way, always annoying each other and playing around, but doing so in all good fun.

But what grew the most, was Lo'ak and Esmyrie's friendship. Now, instead of Jake finding the two kids painting, he found them curled up together, sometimes pointing out stars, while other times he would find them asleep.

Jake is grateful for Esmyrie and her love for his family, and he knows Nilar is grated for the love his family returns to Esmyrie.

Nilar and Esmyrie have an unbreakable bond. He plays both roles of parents beautifully. He is protective like a father, but has the warm gentle motherly love as well. Esmyrie is grateful for her father, and will always see her father as her hero and role model.

Everything was perfect in Omaticaya, even with them seeing Esmyrie as an outcast, but all the perfect changes when a new star enters the sky, hinting that the humans have returned.