21

Kaycee

"Ughhh" I groaned seeing there was no more wrapping paper

I was wrapping the gifts that I bought because we were going to do secret Santa tomorrow because it's going to be Christmas.

I got gifts for everyone even tho we only had to
Pick one person to buy gifts for but I didn't care. I wanted a yellow ipad but it said it wasn't going
To be able to come until February and I'm inpatient so I said forget it.

I sat the gifts under the tree and Grandma already sat some under the tree which was for me of course because they all had my name on them. My grandma always spoils me even if it isn't my birthday or a holiday she's always buying me something but I love it.

"Kaycee baby how you feeling?" My grandma asked sitting in the living room chair with the mug.

"You know how I always feel whenever this time for the year comes." I said tapping up a Christmas bag.

"Yeah I know baby , you've been like this ever since your mother brought you here. But it's going to be okay sweet face." My grandma said sipping her mug slowly.

"I know.. I just miss her and I want her to come back. There isn't a day that I don't think about
Mommy." I said.

"I miss her too , she'll come back soon I hope." She said.

Even tho it's been years since my mother left , I still have my hopes up that one day she'll come back. I just hope she's okay.

"So you guys are doing secret Santa" my grandma said.

"Yes we are but you know I had to get everyone gifts." I said putting the gifts I wrapped under the tree.

"Do we have more wrapping paper?" I asked her.

"We have plenty in the closet , I'll get it for you." My grandma said getting up groaning a little.

"No no no grandma sit down , I'll get it you don't have to do that." I said getting up.

"Alright baby check the top shelf they should be there." She said.

I went and got the wrapping paper and came back in the living room and sat on the floor crossing my legs. I wrapped the last two gifts and sat them under the tree.

"I'm baking cookies tomorrow and cooking breakfast so you don't have to do it." I told her.

"Angel face I know I'm sick and old but I can still do things especially cook." She said fixing her pink knitted hat.

"I know grandma , I just don't like seeing you struggling to do things that I can help you with." I said.

"I know Angel face." She said laying back in
The chair and closing her eyes.

I watched as she fell asleep and I got up and grabbed a blanket that she knitted and I placed it on her.

"Thank you baby." She whispered.