CHAPTER 51

Valerie's POV

My chest feels like exploding as he slams his lips onto mine again, kissing me fiercely with his hands grabbing my hair firmly.

He continues to seek entrance until I can no longer hold it in and stick my teeth together. The moment I open up, he kisses the insides of my mouth, then he begins to trace the outline and his hands make their way to my bosom.

When he bites me solely at the edge of my lips, I realize what we are doing.

It is frustrating how I get to ask myself a lot of questions yet I am unable to find any answers to the questions. 

Then the next minute, the question will manifest. Something related to the question will happen.

Ryan has never looked serious the way he looks right now. Everything about his expression says that he meant what he said but I still can't believe he is kissing me again for the second time in a day.

Quickly, I push him away breathing heavily. "What are you doing?!" I yell, trying so hard to control the racing of my heart.

A few minutes ago, he told me he kissed me because my mother was coming. What excuse does he have for this now?

I can't see regret flashing across his expression. He is watching me intently with his pursed lips.

He places a hand on his waist and another on his lips. "When I asked you to become my sex partner during our last date, I didn't mean to say that but I guess it came out right", he mumbles under his breath, making it hard for me to hear him.

Straining my ears, I lean forward.

"What do you mean?" I ask with curiosity.

I remember when he asked me that silly question but then he said he was just pulling my legs. 

Is he doing the same thing now?

He does not reply. He continues to peer at me, making me feel stupid for coming out with him tonight.

What does he take me for?

Suddenly, a butterfly perches on my hand and I gasp, shifting my attention from Ryan to the beautiful butterfly and raising my hand slowly so it won't run off again.

It stays still, making me forget what just happened with Ryan but when I try to touch it, it flies away.

A satisfying smile is on my face as I watch it move from one end of the string to another.

Strong pairs of arms encircle my waist and I turn to meet Ryan's intense gaze, making me conscious of how I look for the very first time since we have been married to each other.

"I meant what I said, Valerie. I didn't kiss you because your mother was coming. I didn't even know she was coming." He confesses to my surprise.