Sign 6 The Trigger

Skyler dragged a huge machine on the beach. It was the middle of the night, the beach was empty at that corner, which had ferns and moss growing over the ground underneath with rocks and grass. He started the machine, it released vapours of the blue algae's enzymes, that proceeded to melt all the plastic accumulated on the beach side, the soft drink cans and other garbage that was beginning to choke the beach. "Yes! It worked!" But just then, the machine stopped as it had used up all its solar energy.

He heard something move in the ferns and got alarmed. He covered his face with his hat and his mask and held his knife close to his chest. He peeped behind him and saw Cyril or Cyra; his feminine form. He loosened the grip over his knife, "Cyril? What are you doing here?"
Cyra continued looking into his eyes, and then at the huge machine behind him.

Skyler traced his eyes and looked behind him, "Oh, that's the algae I was talking about. Look at that machine, look how it melts it, do you want to know how it does it?" Skyler looked into Cyra's green eyes. Skyler began explaining the workings of the process and the bonds broken by the algae, and the enzymes it used. Cyra rose her arms and slowly, the algae grew out of the machine, groining bigger and bigger, finally breaking the machine.

"What the fuck?" Skyler turned back towards Cyra and she grabbed him by the neck and rose him to his feet, and her eyes he saw the entire darkness of the ocean, reminding him of his thalassophobia, his fear of what lies beneath the ocean waves, a large, long creature, with spiny tentacles, big green eyes, and an expanding body.

He averted his eyes from her, and his gaze ended at her collarbones, which held a green tattoo, peeping at him from her white shirt, a tiny octopus tentacle. But he remembered Cyril's tattoo was a blue whale. "C-Cyril? Is that really you?"

"No, Skyler," She replied. She stood firmly, in her white shirt and sea green shorts, her short straps falling over her shoulders, her mascara smeared over his eyelids and her brown hair, falling over her shoulders as two pigtails, made her look almost like an oversized little girl. "I am not, Cyril,"
"W-Who are you?" He asked her as she made her grip around his neck much stronger.

"The shameful elements of humanity you wish to enhance, the human you target to eugenically pick for evolution and genetic superiority, is not enough. Your race is inevitably doomed to its end," Her green eyes glowed in the darkness of the night, like an anglerfish under the darkness of the deep sea, as the blue algae began covering her body, "I am the End,"

And with a blink of his eyes, she was gone.

Skyler held his neck and gently rubbed it, wondering if he had finally gone insane. Did he leap the line between humanity and dream? Or did he meet something that he should've never crossed with? The pain in his throat felt real, and so must she be.

"What are you doing here?" He heard a familiar voice and looked ahead, finding Cyril standing before him. It seemed as if it had been ages since he last saw him, "Cyril! You won't believe what just happened, I met Cyra! But she was not you, she was not female Cyril...She was Cyra,"

. . .

Cyra stood at the top of a huge cliff and looked at the ocean waves beneath, about 30 metres above the surface. The wind was strong and the moon was high up in the sky, controlling the tides. She waved her hands over the moon, and soon all the clouds surrounding it, completely covered it. Turning the sky dark and removing all the dim light that lit the beach. Skyler and Cyril sat on a huge rock, as they look at the moon disappear, "What odd weather,"
Cyril looked at Skyler and suddenly, his blue tattoo glowed.

Cyra looked at the ocean and her green tattoo glowed, lighting her shirt up. Gracefully, she jumped down, diving into the water from that height. She moved her feet as if they were a huge fin and moves her outstretched palms forward and back, forward and back. She swam deeper into the water, it was so dark that from far away, one could only see the faint glow of her tattoo. She was fast with her motions, a creature of the ocean. The water seemed to churn around her, and her body seemed to rotate among the chaos it created.