Chapter 108

Lisa walked out of the washroom and saw Zhang Yue standing in the hallway with his head lowered.

“Were you waiting for me?” she asked doubtfully.

“Yeah.” Zhang Yue was a bit uncomfortable. “There’s something I really want to know that’s not good to ask in front of others. Please don’t think that I’m a gossiper.”

“What is it?”

“When you fell sick before, the paparazzi took a picture of somebody sending you to the hospital. Was that your boyfriend?” Zhang Yue secretly thought: If she said it wasn’t, then he’d ask her if she had a boyfriend or not. If she doesn’t…

“Yep.”

Zhang Yue was startled and forced an embarrassed smile, trying to be casual by playing it off, “Wow, he really is, haha. I didn’t know that you had a boyfriend.”

Lisa also secretly felt upset about the topic. She was currently tied together with Jungkook and she couldn’t find a way to escape it anytime soon. If she found somebody she really liked later, she would miss the chance to be with them.

No way, she had to think of a way to build connections for Jungkook and let him know more outstanding people. She refused to believe that there wouldn’t be at least one person that he’d like.

The two returned to the room, each with their own problems. Zhang Yue’s assistant, who was immersed in eating, didn’t discover anything off, but Chan’s heart was thudding heavily the entire time. Did that brat Zhang Yue just confess to his cousin-in-law? From Zhang Yue’s appearance, it was probably a failure. However, what did Lisa’s absent-minded attitude mean?

The first thing Chan’s brain thought of was a recently popular online phrase: From acting to love. If it was like that, then it explained everything. Lisa had grown feelings for Zhang Yue as they’d acted together, but she didn’t want to ruin her relationship with his cousin, so she’d rejected Zhang Yue’s confession. However, she was secretly unwilling and guilty, which was why she seemed so worried now. How could Lisa like somebody else though?! It was hard for his cousin to find somebody that he liked; she can’t get stolen away now. The whole family was still waiting for his cousin to marry and start a family!

If Lisa knew Chan’s thoughts, she’d ruthlessly flick his forehead, telling him that something was wrong with his brain and that he urgently needed medical treatment!

After hotpot, they each returned to their hotel rooms to rest.

Chan, who was still waiting for his cousin’s reply, felt especially uneasy. Oh no, Cousin wouldn’t get angry if he heard Lisa was eating with another man, right?

After rolling a few times on the bed, Chan made a call.

“What?” Jungkook said coldly when he answered the phone.

“Cousin, did you see my text?”

“I did.”

Ning Xiaoruan’s eyes widened. “Then, are you angry? Let me tell you, Cousin, although that kid Zhang Yue confessed to Cousin-in-law, she didn’t accept it-”

“Next time, don’t need to bother me about this,” Jungkook interrupted Chan.

“How is this bothering you? Didn’t you have me follow Cousin-in-law because you wanted to know what she was doing?” Chan said. “Cousin, don’t strain your relationship with Cousin-in-law because of jealousy. Otherwise, everybody will think that something has happened between you two-”

He hadn’t finished speaking when the other side abruptly hung up.

“Did Cousin really get angry?” Chan thought that his good intentions had actually made things worse and followed the mindset of ‘if something happens that he can’t fix, find Cousin, and if Cousin’s not there, find parents’. Since his cousin was now ignoring him, he immediately called his Mother for advice on his cousin’s love crisis.