Wendigo

Narrators Pov

it was a cloud evening, late November. The sun was covered by the clouds, the grass blanketed with a thin sheet of snow. Two friends were on their  way through the woods, searching for an abandoned apartment they heard about from an old friend.. before they went missing..

They trudged through the snow, shivering from the cold nipping at their noses, holding hands to keep some warmtn. (Totally not because I wanted them to be gay..) One of the boys moved his hand to intertwine with the other, the cold making it seem like he wasn't blushing.

The older of the two, blonde, tucked his long hair behind his ear before stuffing his hand back into his pocket. The younger of the two, his name was Bruce. Unlike the other boy, Vance, his hair was short and black, brushed to the side making it seem neat. Not messy and disheveled like Vance's.

Bruce and Vance went on, before they finally found the old building. However, something was wrong. There was a blood trail leading inside the entrance of the complex. Both of the boy's blood ran as cold as the air outside. Bruce tightened his grip on Vance's hand in a worrysome manner.Vance blushed before removing his hand from Bruce's and walking towards the blood.

Vance crouched down near the blood, picking up a chunk of the red snow in his gloved palm. He stared at it intensely, he was no genius, but by the looks of it, it seemed like it was only a few days old. Vance looked inside of the run down building, just in time for a tall creature to run its way back into the shadows.

He shivered at the sight, pulling out a flashlight and looking back at Bruce, signalling for him to come along. Bruce shook his head, "No way am I going in there. Have you ever seen a horror movie? If we go in there, we're as good as dead." Vance huffed angrily and grabbed the other boys hand, dragging him along. Bruce yelped loudly, "Vance! I said no!"

Vance glared at Bruce, letting him go. Bruce hit the floor of the old building with a thump before he looked up watching Vance begin to walk towards the old creaky staircase. Bruce scrambled up and ran to catch up with the blonde. "Vance, you don't know what's in here- you're going to get yourself killed!" Vance stopped suddenly in his tracks, causing Bruce to slam into his back roughly. "Ow- what the fu- heck dude??" Bruce grumbled, rubbing his nose.

Vance turned to look at Bruce, an evil smile ghosting across his features. "Did I just get Bruce Yamada, the golden boy of Denver, to swear?" Vance turned around and giggled mischievously. Bruce huffed, irritated.

"No, I said heck." he stated, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. A loud bang was heard from the room upstairs. The teenagers turned their heads to look at the noise before a blood curdling scream shook the apartment. Vance dashed up the stairs, grabbing Bruce's hand and dragging him with him.

They barged into the room where the scream was heard, seeing tons of dead bodies littered across the floor. Staining the once brown wood a dark red. There in the room stood an tall figure eerily. Black and lanky, there was the skull of a deer fitted over its head, long antlers scraping against the ceiling.

Bruce stood in horror, shocked tears silently streaming down his face. The creature began to turn around, Vance quickly closed the door, beginning to run, but noticed that Bruce wasn't with him. He turned around to see the boy shrinking under the height of the tall creature.

The creature began to open its mouth, teeth, long and jagged, stained with blood and saliva. The monster lunged forward, but instead of biting down on wood, it was met with wood. It looked over and glared angrily at Vance, who was holding Bruce in his arms, panting heavily.

By now, Bruce was sobbing, Vance swung the boy over his back before he dangerously jumped down the stairwell and out the door. Vance heard the creature angrily shriek at them, bolting down the old wooden stairs. He ran through the forest, the air seemingly becoming thicker. He heard the creature scream again, and felt the boy on his back tense and squeeze tightly onto his vest.

He pushed to run faster, run past his possible limit, ran and ran, not stopping no matter how tired his legs were. They made it out of the woods, Vance saw the Grab N' Go and pumped his legs harder, the creature had stopped following them.

They got odd looks making their way into the store, but Vance didn't care and Bruce couldn't see them. Vance walked to the isle near the Pinball machine, setting Bruce down, wiping away the tears streaming down the youngers face. He brought the boy into a tight hug, rubbing his back and kissing his forehead comfortingly.

Vance whispered softly into Bruce's ear, the younger of the two finally beginning to calm down. When he was fully calm, he let go. Bruce looked up into Vance's eyes. "Thank you.." his voice was quiet and hoarse, but Vance could understand him perfectly.

Vance smiled softly, before he took notice of the other boy getting closer. Vance closed the gap, cupping Bruce's face and kissing him quickly. A peck on the lips was all it was, but it seemed like so much more to them both. They heard exaggerated cheering and clapping from behind them, Bruce turned around and Vance cocked his head to the side.

Robin and Finney stood there, hand in hand. Laughing at their own antics. They finally calmed down and Robin spoke up, "I have no idea what just happened, or why you two kissed, but it's about damn time.

——

The end because I have no idea how to end this....

I decided to write horror for the first time!!- It isn't the best but I love the scares. 😍🤞