𝐈𝐈𝐈

Heartbeat

arielliaä's pov

arielliaä's pov

"these are ilu, if you want to live here you have to ride" my brother sternly remarked as ilu's were circling me which made me smile. ever since i was a kid i learned i could connect with creatures. i never knew why but i never questioned.

"what are your guys names?" tsirerya spoke swaying side to side.

"Neteyam, Lo'ak, Kiri, Tuk" they all reported saying their names.

ah so that's his name. the mystery boy. i happened to be teaching lo'ak how to ride a ilu. "make the bond gently" i smiled looking up at him on the ilu while he made the bond. god i mean look at him. "feel his breath..., feel his strength.., hold here" i spoke pointing where to hold while i was having hard eye contact on him.

lo'ak charged through the water so quickly i knew he was gonna fail but they were all new to this so i didn't have any doubt in them. we all went underwater to see how he did but he had fallen off. roxto, ao'nung and tsirerya laughed but i didn't. "really?" i fumed shooting my eyes at them, tsirerya was the only one who really cared and stopped laughing immediately.

—-

i swam over to tuk and handed her a fish

i swam over to tuk and handed her a fish. i was teaching tuk how to feed her new ilu. i would kill to be in their spot right now. just now discovering the ocean for the first time ever in their whole life. "i love her already" tuk excitedly spoke while throwing fish into the ilu's mouth. i picked her up and placed her on and echoed for my ilu so i could swim with her. while we  swam through the gorgeous teal blue water tuk  learned how to do a back flip underwater on her ilu, they learn quick. behind tuk was kiri in the distance, tuk got off her ilu and swam to her. i was so surprised kiri knew the ways of the water so quickly, she has the longest breath hold out of all of the sully's, lo'ak coming in second. we swam through the reefs in awe of all the nature that i had already seen for 16 years of my life. but somehow it felt like i'd been seeing it for the first time all over again.
-

tsirerya and i had planned breathing lessons to teach Lo'ak and them how to breathe better underwater. but before tsirerya and ao'nung got into alittle fight so he was supposed to be here but he decided not to come, he's lucky me and tsirerya love him and won't snitch on his ass.

"everyone gather around this rock" tsirerya said while we all followed her directions and sat in a circle on the rock right above the ocean.

"breathe in" i gestured doing the action as a demonstration while tsirerya followed after.

"and breathe out" tsirerya followed.

"imagine flickering a flame. you must slow down your heartbeat" i added breathing in and out

tsireya bumped my knee and i automatically knew what she wanted me to do. it's like we can communicate without even speaking. i put my hands on Lo'ak's chest. one on his chest one of his stomach.

"breathe in" i pleaded while looking up at him then quickly looking down. "breathe from down here" i insisted moving the hand that was on his stomach. "breathe out slowly". the forest boys heartbeat was going extremely fast causing my stomach to flutter. "Lo'ak, your heartbeat is fast." i remarked looking up at him. he quickly apologized. which i thought was cute. "try to focus" i added.

Neteyam the oldest looked at roxto with a smile and quietly laughed while roxto did the same thing. kiri took notice of this and rolled her eyes.

🪸
——-
disclaim thay these are a/n anyways NEXT
CHAPTER IS MY FAV