Two

❝𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠

❝𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠.❞

☽︎☾︎

*Six months later*

Y/n had been working with Steven at the museum for a few months, and they couldn't be closer. Steven was always so helpful and nice and she was glad to have him as a friend. They had movie nights every once in a while, they read different books at Steven's flat some days and he often took her to see different things around the town.

He told her about how he couldn't tell the difference between dreams and reality, so she helped him any way she could. She even went as far as buying a sleeping bag and staying over at his apartment when he was having a particularly tough night. Tonight was not one of those nights, however. Steven went home and went straight to bed after a stressful day, so Y/n went to bed herself.

Dreams came easy to Y/n. She remembered most of them and they were usually silly, happy dreams full of joy and fun.

But tonight was different.

As she fell asleep, she found herself on a barren battlefield. Ash filled the air and a few fires still burned in the area. The air had the scent of blood and smoke.

Looking down at her fingers, she saw that they were black. She tried to remove the coloring, but it was stuck. Glancing around the empty area, she saw a figure in the distance, their back to her.

"Hello?" Y/n asked. The figure didn't budge. Perhaps they didn't hear her. "Who's there?" The figure disappeared into thin air, causing Y/n to tilt her head to the side.

"Who are you?" asked a gentle voice from behind her. Y/n spun on her heel and came face to face with a redheaded woman. Her light green eyes scanned Y/n's face in curiosity.

"You're me," she continued. "But you don't look like me. Why?"

"Um..."

"Answer," she demanded.

"I'm you in a different universe. But I'm not known as Wanda. Not anymore. I'm called Y/n."

Wanda paced around her, her hands in front of her torso. "Different universe? How did you get here?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

The redhead smiled softly, looking down at her boots. "Don't make this harder than it has to be. How did you get here?"

"I know a guy," Y/n replied. Wanda stopped in front of her, making eye contact and a darkness of sorts filled her green irises. "Now let me ask something. Where am I?"