CHAPTER 53

Ryan's POV

Celina has been blowing my phone up with calls for days. She never had a reason to call me all this while but seeing me again after so many years with a woman I call wife must be so bothersome for her.

Valerie does not need to know who she is. Her topic annoys the shit out of me. 

I wonder how she got my number. She never called me once and then all of a sudden, she starts to call.

When she first called and I heard her voice even before she introduced herself, I quickly hung up and I haven't been picking ever since then.

This morning when she called, I blocked her from reaching me. She is too annoying and I blame her for Valerie's recent coldness.

I have no one to blame. I don't want to believe that my offer is what is making her so cold. 

So Celina is at fault. 

It's been days already since I took her to the garden and she has been ignoring me on purpose. 

She has been spending the night at the hospital with her dad but last night, she came home and slept in her room.

I heard her dad will be discharged today and I plan to visit him before heading home.

As I park some files into my briefcase so I can work on them when I get home since I barely get some sleep nowadays, the intercom rings.

I ignore it for a while as I continue to put the files inside and take the ones there from yesterday out. I am working myself to sleep now. This way, I don't have to dwell much on how silly Valerie took my decision.

I summoned a whole lot of courage to tell her how I felt but she made it seem like the dumbest thing ever.

I don't plan to raise that topic ever again. 

The intercom rings again and I slump back onto the swivel chair to pick it up. I already asked my secretary to go home and I wonder if she is the one calling.

We are done for today.

"Good day, sir. A lady is here to see you but she has no appointment with you", a male voice says from the other end.

It must be the receptionist at the lobby, I figure.

"Identity?" I demand.

"No identity, sir", he replies sharply.

"Don't let her in, then", I reply and place the receiver back in its position.

I am done with all my appointments for today. It can't be Valerie nor can it be my Mother. Those are the only women I have in my life as well as Anita but she is back in college.