zero.

Airport Coffee

~~~~~

"she would've made such a lovely bride

"she would've made such a lovely bride. what a shame she's fucked in the head."

~~~~~

"There's been an accident."

Those were the first words that Tatum had heard when she had been woken up in the middle of the night. Her phone had been going off, ringing like there was no tomorrow, and she had effectively ignored until she couldn't.

She had not bothered to move from her comfortable position in bed as she swung her arm out to grab her phone off her nightstand. In all honesty, she wished that she was still asleep and to be fair, she was a little pissed off that someone had woken her up.

The bright phone screen was blindingly bright, making Tatum grumble rude words under her breath, switching in and out of English and her father's native tongue.

Her mother was calling her.

Why on earth was her mom calling her?

Even knowing who the caller was, Tatum's thumb had hovered over the red decline button. She hated when people called her normally and with the addition of having woken her up, she hated it even more.

But it was her mom.

If she ignored the call, she would get lectured; a lecture was ten times worse than getting called in the night, especially since her mom was rarely ever mad at her.

So, she clicked the accept button.

"Da?"

"I've called four times and texted you," Tatum heard her mother, Jenna, tell her. She sounded distressed and exhausted. Something about her entire tone was off. "What took so long for you to pick up?"

Tatum ran a hand through her hair, "I was asleep."

Jenna gave a weak laugh, something clearly paining her, "When I was your age, I would still be partying at this hour. Partying with my friends, drinking, smoking, having—You know what, as your mother, I shouldn't be encouraging that behavior. Sleeping at this time is a great thing ."

Tatum scrunched her face up at some of the things she had said. She didn't drink and she didn't smoke and she kept the people she had over to a minimum. She didn't ever get into any trouble, which probably had something to do with the fact that she spent most of her time alone.

"Most people are asleep at this time."

As if on cue, she yawned, causing her eyes to get all watery.

"If you're tired, I can just call back in the morning,". .

"No, no. It's fine. Besides, you already woke me up, mama," Tatum brushed off. "So, what's wrong?"