𝑺𝟐/𝟏𝟎: 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

WISE MEN SAY
ONLY FOOLS RUSH IN.
BUT I CAN'T HELP FALLING
IN LOVE WITH YOU.

BUT I CAN'T HELP FALLINGIN LOVE WITH YOU

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Things get even worse when Damian walks in, pulling on the last few strands of his sizzling hair. "Oh no! No! No! No!" I can see his face heating up in seconds. His attempt to convince his customers to stay in the reception hall fails, as they all push him aside to leave Andromeda. "Oh darn! Oh diddly darn! What do I tell my boss?!" His wide eyes look around at the mess.

Meanwhile, "Oh Kevin!" His mother caresses his face, "I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you too!" Kevin wraps his arms around her neck, "Merry Christmas mom." He says softly, placing his head on her shoulders.

"Merry Christmas Kevin." She whispers back.

"Say, what kind of hotel allows an eight-year-old to check in alone?!" His father, from behind them, approaches Damian and I, but we're too spacey to give an answer.

I hold onto Austin tightly, because it looks like his knees are giving out. He breathes close to my neck, and I try really hard to stand my ground.

"M-Mister McCallister?!" Damian starts, "Pardon me, but we thought you were staying with hi—"

Damian trails off. He turns to me, realizing at my speed. We widen our eyes, gasping in sync. "Oh my god!"

The McCallister's shake their heads while Kevin stands with his head down. "I'm sorry." He sighs, then looks up at me apologetically. "New York's one of the biggest cities in the world, and I was scared!"

As he defends himself, "A scared kid would go to the police station! Not check into a hotel?!" I say, though only admit, right after saying so, how stupid it is. I checked this kid in... Fuck, how could I be so stupid?

"I can't trust cops?!" He exclaims, "And besides," shrugging his shoulders, "I made some new friends!" Kevin smiles, winking at Austin and I.

"Fuck!" Austin sucks air through his teeth as I'm pressing an alcohol soaked cotton ball on to the wound Julian gave him on his cheek.