XXIX- Reach

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N) screamed in pain in his subconsciousness. His body felt like it was on fire.

Devil: Hurry and free yourself. You'll either die by suffocation or the heat.

(Y/N): Agh... H-How...?

Devil: With the powers I gave you, moron! I am not going to be sent back to Hell because of your pathetic death! I still have things to do!

(Y/N): With...your power...

Devil: Do it before I seize control!!

(Y/N) closed his eyes and tried to focus which was difficult since his body was currently burning.

He felt the dark mist swirl around his hands. Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard to use the devil's powers. Whether that was because he had had the devil sealed within him all his life or anyone could do it was anyone's guess.

(Y/N) yelled out as the dark mist moved around his body. The hardened gold began to crack.

Devil: More! My powers can destroy anything it touches! It's why we are so powerful! It can even hit Logia users!

(Y/N) shouted more as the gold began to crumble away.

Devil: You can't hold me back forever. You have a real god sealed within you. One flick of my finger could kill the legendary Pirate King immediately. There is no power or weapon imaginable to mortal humans that would allow them to survive a fight with a devil. That's what is in you.

(Y/N): Thanks for the random lecture, you piece of shit. I'm trying to focus here!

Eventually, the gold exploded, freeing (Y/N). He gasped for air.

He found himself falling towards the cloudy ground. He started screaming.

(Y/N): WHAT THE HELL??!!

He landed on the cloud which cushioned his landing. Nami ran over to him, dragging a waver behind her.

Nami: <shocked> (Y/N)?! Wha—? How?!

(Y/N): Devil powers.

He looked up and saw two figures falling right above him. He moved out of the way, and Usopp and an unconscious Sanji landed next to them.

(Y/N): How long was I trapped? When did they get here?

Nami: No time to explain!

She knelt next to Sanji. He was badly hurt.

Nami: Sanji, are you all right?! I'm so sorry about all you did for us!

Usopp's torso was stuck in the clouds and his legs were straight up.

Usopp: Yes, Sanji! You were such a brave man!!! Don't die on us!!

(Y/N) pulled Usopp out of the clouds.

Usopp: (Y/N)!! I thought you were a goner trapped in that gold!

(Y/N): I would've been if not for the devil. I hate to admit it, but there would've been a lot of times where I would've died if it wasn't for him.

Nami: We have to get out of here!

She stood up and pointed to the giant vine.

Nami: Look at that huge vine! If that's the same one I saw from the ruins, it means that this island cloud is above the ruins.