Chapter 12: No one messes with Kiri

After Tsireya helped Liläk the girl was able to keep up with her siblings much better now. Kiri was still the best at holding her breath, but now that Liläk could swim without panicking, Kiri took her to the parts of the sea she went to, as she had promised.

It was a very beautiful sight, but what Liläk noticed the more was the way Kiri seemed to go into full trance while looking at her surroundings. She remembered the way she always used to wander around every time they where at the forest. Kiri sometimes used to fully meditate as she rested in the grass. Liläk admired her capability of being so connected to her surroundings. Her connection to the sea was no exception. Kiri was an exceptional person. Even if her and Liläk didn't speak as much, Liläk adored her.

Tsireya was going to teach Tuk how to ride an ilu, the metkayina suggested Liläk could join them as she still hadn't done it. Tuktirey was feeding an ilu Tsireya had brought, in her own words she was the most gentle of the herd and therefore, she would be perfect for Tuktirey.

-I love her already!-Tuk exclaimed as she giggled. Tsireya and Liläk smiled.

As Tuk was giggling, an ilu approached them. It was the same one that had neared Liläk when Lo'ak and Neteyam first began their ilu training.

-Hey boy.-Liläk said as the animal put his head under Liläk's hand.

-I was waiting for him to come around.-Tsireya mused.-His name is Tsìlpey.

Liläk smiled. His name was Tsìlpey...hope.

-Liläk he loves you!-Tuk declared. Her excitement of being near two ilus and finally learning how to ride them coming through...she was over the moon.

-He hadn't been this nice to anyone before...so yeah, he likes you.-Liläk's faint smile became even wider now. She looked at her sister and motioned Tsìlpey with her hand for him to approach her sister. Tuk laughed as she pet both ilus, one with each hand.

-See? He loves you too.-Liläk told Tuk, smiling fondly.

They got on the ilus and submerged. She absolutely loved it. It was similar to flying on an ikran, but much more relaxing. Tsìlpey glided through the sea as he whistled happily. He neared the corals as Liläk wanted and he spun joyfully while he swam. When she didn't have to worry about swimming and holding her breath, she lasted considerably more underwater.

The next days they kept practicing their breathing. Tsireya took them to a rocky island and they all sat around in a circle.

Without Aonung around, Rotxo was much nicer than he had been with them before. Liläk sat beside Neteyam who was happy to have his sister around once more.

-Breathe in.-Tsireya said. She then exhaled softly, after holding her breath for while.-And breathe out.-She completed. While they where breathing, Rotxo motioned with his hands to Liläk, explaining to her how it should be a relaxed motion, almost a meditation.

-Imagine flickering of flame.-Tsireya said. Liläk noticed that as she spoke, Lo'ak didn't take his eyes away from her. She gave Neteyam a side look to see if he had noticed. But Neteyam had his eyes closed, concentrating.

-You must slow down you heartbeat.-Tsireya then put her hands on Lo'ak's stomach, similarly to the way she had when she was teaching Liläk.

-Breathe in.-She commanded him. Liläk still glanced at Neteyam sometimes to see if he was noticing what she had.-breathe from down here.-She continued.-Breathe out slowly.

Lo'ak did as he was told looking at Tsireya. Real subtle Lo'ak. Liläk didn't want to miss anything but still gave Neteyam looks, was he really not seeing this!? She thought about what her father used to tease them with...she was sure that she had a hold of the one brain cell at the moment.