||51||

☆Chioma

"I wonder how prostitutes be parading with their head held high. I mean...are they so proud of sleeping around?" Jeiel shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Who are you calling a prostitute?" Buchi smirked. What the hell was he up to? The others were glaring at him. Wasn't he getting.

"I didn't mention any names. Are you perhaps... feeling guilty?" He grinned. Jeiel's eyes burned with fury.

"I am not a prostitute! Don't fucking call me that you bas-"

"Never ever talk to my brother that way. You have no right. Understand?" I glared at Kenneth who was gripping my wrist. I had almost slapped her. I pushed him away. "Don't touch me." I glared at Jeiel's pitiful face. How fake. I couldn't believe Dev was falling for it and consoling her.

"Vivian are you fucking okay?" I had calmed down.  "Your brother was rude!  He called her a whore." The way I was seeing it, Kenneth was calm.  Something told me he would not be if it was someone else. But what right did she have to talk to Buchi like that?

"He said nothing of the sort! She was being pricked by her conscience-"

"Vivian!" I could not breathe. It was hard considering how he was looking at me. Like he'd snap my neck any moment. "Don't make me hurt you." He growled. "Talk with respect."

Because of her ba? Fuck him! Fuck his generation! And fuck that girl that was smirking behind him. "Let's go back to eating peace-"

"Fuck you." I spat. "Buchi let's go."

°°°

"But guy, what the hell is your own? What did Jeiel do to you?"

"She's a whore. A bloody whore. And I don't like her."

"So you start looking for trouble? Na wa for you oo." I walked away ignoring his calls. Boy just wan spoil things for me. Rubbish.

"Chioma I-"

"Buchi leave me alone."

"Babe, I'm sorry. Baby. My love. Sweetheart. Hey. I'm sorry naa." Getat abeg.

***

"Your sketches are nice." I looked up from my sketchbook to see Maryanne. I greeted her and she smiled. "Everyone's has left. You were so engrossed in your work. Is this your first time?" I nodded. "You're good. Very good."

"Thank you."

"Let's walk back together." I packed up my stuff and started going to the female dorms. We decided to order our food from the cafeteria. Maryanne was good company. I even spent the night at her place as we did a movie marathon.

"You've been receiving phone calls. Are you really not going to pick up?" She asked stuffing her face with cheese balls.

"Nah." I said shrugging but declining Buchi's phone call and putting my phone on do not disturb. If he wanted, I'd meet him the next day. Maryanne chuckled.

"I think we should sleep now. We have classes tomorrow." I pouted my lips. It was just 12. We still had time.

"Twelve thirty. We round this up." I suggested. She agreed.

•••

★Kenneth

"Jeiel what was the meaning of that?" I snapped at her the moment she called my name. She was taken aback, probably not expecting me to talk to her that way.

"Kenneth?"

"Hey, she's not at fault. She just defended herself." Dev spoke and Jeiel nodded in accord. "What's making you angry is the fact that she cursed at you, isn't it?" "Fuck you," she had said. She was more than angry. The worst was that I had probably messed up my chances with her. All because of...