Chapter 13: It's either taking the blame or getting blamed.

-What was the one thing I asked?!-Their father asked angrily as they got in their house. He and Tonowari had found their kids fighting in the beach. He had brought them to their house immediately, he couldn't even believe what he was seeing. Neteyam had a busted lip, Lo'ak a bleeding nose and Liläk's cheek was red, a faint bruise starting to form.

-The one thing!?-He remarked, his hand held out angrily.

-Stay out of trouble.-Lo'ak muttered quietly. Neteyam quickly stepped in.

-Dad it was my fault.-He said. Liläk's heart broke, but he understood what he was doing. Liläk and him were constantly taking the blame for Lo'ak, their dad being less harsh on them.

-I don't think so! You two gotta stop taking the hit for this knucklehead.-He said in a strained voice.

-Dad...-Liläk said as she grabbed Lo'ak's arm.

-Look, dad, Aonung was picking on Kiri. He called her a freak.

Liläk looked at Lo'ak in shock, she didn't know they were calling Kiri names...She sighed exasperated, she was getting real tired of the Metkayina boys.

Her dad looked at them and sighed as well, a part of him now understood why his children had decided to fight the boys...but he was also their father and the Metkayina were doing them a favor by letting them stay.

-Go apologize to Aonung.-Jake said severely to Lo'ak. Liläk rolled her eyes as he said that.

-What?-Lo'ak asked softly, in disbelief.

-He's the chief's son, you understand?!

Neteyam put his hand on his lip to stop the bleeding. Liläk felt a slight tingle on her lip as he did. Her twin's lip was hurting.

-I don't care how you do it, just go make peace.-Jake said, fed up with the whole ordeal. A part of him was angry at the kids that were messing with his daughter, a part of him was angry at Lo'ak for always finding a way to get in messy situations and a part of him wanted for all of this to be over, for things to get better with the Metkayina.

Neteyam and Liläk looked at each other before they began to walk out.

-Hey...-Jake called the twins.-So how did the other guys look like?-He asked them. Liläk chuckled.

-Worse.-Neteyam said.

-That's good.-Her father replied.

-A lot worse.-Liläk remarked. Her dad gave them a side look.

-Get out of here.-He said, yet in his lips, a faint smile could be seen.

After they left, they went to the sea. Liläk would have preferred to go fly Pìwopx, but Neteyam asked her to join him, he wanted to practice his breathing. She had agreed but didn't really feel like swimming with him. She instead decided to sit down by the rocky island. Tsìlpey whistled gleefully as he approached her. She petted him absentmindedly as she thought about her home. Would she ever stop missing the forest?

-Hi!-Tsireya was looking at her from the sea with a soft smile.

-Hi.-She said. She wondered if her own voice could ever be as soft as Tsireya's...she was so calm, so sweet, so nice...and she was...well, she had just punched multiple of Tsireya's friend and would do it again without thinking twice if the situation required it.

-Are you okay?-She asked as she sat beside her.

-Yes...I'm just thinking. Neteyam asked me to join him but I just felt like sitting by today.

Tsireya nodded understandingly as she looked at Liläk's brother from afar. He was preparing to dive once more as he breathed with his eyes closed, concentrated.