Chapter 6

"Sorry about Braxton," Natalie breaks the silence. "He's a little overbearing."

"A little?" I ask, raising one eyebrow.

Natalie giggles, "Okay, a lot overbearing. But we all expected that."

"We?"

"The pa-" she starts before clearing her throat. "I mean, our group of friends."

"Okay," I drag out the vowel.

Natalie's eyes look me over from head to toe and I fold my arms over my chest unconsciously.

"Has Braxton given you any new clothes, or even let you shower for that matter?" she exclaims.

"Nope," I say, popping the p. "But I did try to run away this morning while he slept and after that we just came straight here."

Natalie laughs loudly, and I can't help but join in a bit. "Was he mad?"

"Very," I reply.

"I would have loved to see that. Anyways, you can shower and use some of my clothes," Natalie says. "Follow me."

She leads me upstairs and into what I assume is the master bedroom. It's fairly similar in style to Braxton's room, but it looks a lot more lived in. Several t-shirts liter the floor; it doesn't really surprise me, as Asher comes off as a slightly messy person. I'm distracted looking around the room so I don't notice Natalie rummaging through a closet.

"Okay," she says, laying some clothes down on the bed. "You're a lot smaller than me, but here's a pair of leggings that should fit you, and here's a sweater. It might be a little oversized, but I think it's the best thing I've got."

"Thank you," I respond, appreciative of her actions.

"It's no problem. That's the bathroom," Natalie points to a door. "You can use all of my stuff. Once you're done, just come downstairs."

I thank her once more before she walks out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her. I sigh, not moving for a few minutes, trying to regain my thoughts. Natalie is super cool, and I feel really comfortable around her. She's just like my friends back home.

I take a deep breath, and head into the nice bathroom. I look around in awe. Asher and Natalie have got to be pretty rich, just like Braxton. Honestly, the whole mafia idea is still ever so present in the back of my mind.

I peek into the huge shower (that you could probably fit a king size bed into) and luckily see Natalie's soap, shampoo, and conditioner in a nook off to the right. Relieved, I turn on the shower, which is thankfully very similar to the one I have at home, and strip, before hopping in.

The warm water relaxes my tense muscles, and for once in the past 24 hours, I actually feel calm. I wash my hair with Natalie's shampoo and conditioner, loving its oceany smell. I make a mental note to buy it next time I go shopping. It's incredible to use her soap, as I haven't showered since before this whole ordeal, and I absolutely loathe not feeling clean.

After a good fifteen minutes, I turn the shower off and dry myself off with one of Natalie's fluffy white towels. I open the bathroom door and peek out into the bedroom, just in case. As I suspected, it's empty, so I quietly walk towards the bed, and begin to put on the clothes that Natalie left for me.

She was right; the leggings actually fit just fine, except they are a bit long. Luckily, no one will be able to see how bunched up they are, as my boots are decently tall. The sweater is really cute, and comfortable, but again, slightly oversized. It's better than my dirty clothes, though, that's for sure.