15

"Imani, hi. Come in."I gave Doctor Brown a small smile before I walked into her office and sat down on the chair opposite her huge desk.

"I got you flowers."I muttered as I handed her a boutique of flowers.

"Thank you, baby. These are beautiful."She said as she took the flowers, she grabbed a vase from a cabinet behind her and she unwrapped the flowers from the store wrapper before placing them into the vase.

"How have you been doing? I haven't seen you for a week."she replied as she looked at me in concern which made me shrug my shoulders.

"Work? I don't know."I muttered as I thought about Damon and Simone which made me feel numb instead of sad now.

"You okay?"she asked as she looked at me with a frown.

"Who's my father?"I suddenly asked as I looked up at her with a straight face and I could tell that it caught her off guard because she just stared up at me for a second in disbelief before she nodded her head slowly.

"Your father."she simply responded which made me look up at her confusingly before I nodded my head slowly.

"Affair?"I simply asked as I pulled my hood over my head.

"Yes and No. Your father and I dated each other first then he left me for your mother."she explained which made me nod my head as I leaned back onto my seat.

"Do you love me?"I bluntly asked as I looked up at her which made her nod her head as soon as I finished my question.

"Of course I do. More than you would ever know." She replied as she got up her chair and made her way towards me, she held out her hands which I took as she made me stand up with her.

"Now tell me what's wrong? You seem so numb."she spoke as she looked deep into my eyes as if she was searching for the answers.

"Damon kissed Simone at the sorority gala."I bluntly responded as I shrugged my shoulders which made her gasp as she pulled me in for a hug.

"Baby, I'm so sorry."She mumbled as she hugged me tightly.

"I kissed JR."I admitted as I looked up at the window and I held her tightly not wanting to let go of her.

"I feel like the worst person to ever walk on the planet. I kissed his best friend."I replied as I began to sob into her shoulder.

"I have been ignoring everyone's calls and texts because I am so hurt. I went all the way to Chicago with Damon to support him only for him to kiss my friend a few days after that, I don't want to see anyone or speak to anyone. JR comes to my dorm room everyday asking about me but I don't even want to reply to him because he's supposed to be my friend."I mumbled as I felt my chest closing up once again I quickly pulled away from the hug and pulled my asthma pump out of my pocket before popping it open and pumping it a few times.

"Stand up right, baby."Doctor Brown calmy said as she straightened up my posture as she rubbed my back before she helped me take off my jacket.

"I'm teaching you how to open your chest when your pump isn't around you."She muttered as she continued to rub my back and made me look at her as she helped me breathe evenly.

"Do you have asthma too?"I asked as before I coughed a few times.

"No, your father does he has mild intermittent asthma so it is not as bad as yours, you have severe persistent asthma. So when the doctor told me that you have asthma I researched about it as much as I could, your mom even helped me a few times when you had asthma attacks as a baby."She explained as she gave me a small smile.