𝟓𝟔. death and sorrow

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty-six : death and sorrow
{ season four - episode five }

chapter fifty-six : death and sorrow{ season four - episode five }

"HERSHEL!" LIZZIE SAMUELS yelled upon seeing the now-dead body beside Glenn, who was on the floor with blood trickling out of his mouth, gasping for air, moved his hand. "Kloe! Anyone!"

The walker's eyes shot open, the air bag still connected to his mouth. Hershel, who had left Kloe sitting with Sasha as she comforted her, snapped his head up when he heard Lizzie's yells for him and the woman.

Kloe, who also picked up on the yells from above, felt her eyes broaden when she heard the snarls of a walker outside of the cell she was in. With all of her strength, she pushed her body up, her eyes landing on the walker that lunged at Hershel.

Without hesitation, Kloe pressed herself forward, except she tripped up on someone's limp arm that was in the way of the cell. The person being dead and transforming into a walker.

She managed to balance herself before she could fall flat onto the floor, grasping onto one of the metal bars to a cell. Her head snapped over to Hershel, who was currently on the ground, his arm against the walker's neck to prevent it from biting into his neck.

"Everyone stay in your cells!" he shouted, his voice straining. A man that Hershel had been talking to stepped out of his cell, ignoring what he was ordering as he raised his gun, ready to shoot the walker.

"No!" a blonde girl cried, sprinting over to the walker on top of the man as she kicked the back of its knee in an attempt to get it off. Although, behind the man with the gun, a walker dragged its feet over to him.

The blonde woman grabbed onto the walker on top of Hershel, pulling it off of him. The walker behind the man grasped onto his arm, digging its teeth into his skin, causing him to yell with pain and pull the trigger, shooting the blonde girl directly in the head.

Kloe searched around frantically for a knife, the quick movement making her light-headed. The man fell to the ground, the walker shuffling on top of him as it sunk its teeth into his neck.

She rushed forward to Hershel, offering a hand to help him up. He took it, pulling himself up as Kloe grunted from the weakness she held. "Hershel, what the hell do we do? We don't have any weapons."

Kloe's attention got brought away from the walkers around her, which they were all distracted, and to the young girl above her. She lifted her head, catching sight of Lizzie, leading the walker that Glenn was keeping an eye on away.

"Come on. Everyone's safe in their cells," Hershel sprinted his way over to the staircase, making Kloe do the exact same. There was a reason why Lizzie was leading the walker away from the cell Glenn was in, and it scared her.