Chapter 15: Our brothers and sisters have returned

Kiri was unconscious all night. They all stood by beside her, waiting. Ronal had treated her, but it had been for nothing, for she was still asleep a few hours after she left. Liläk held her hand and caressed it softly.

-Will she ever wake up?-Tuk's little voice took her out of her thoughts.

-Of course she will 'evi.-She smiled at her weakly. Though she wasn't really sure, Tuk seemed to calm down with the answer. Liläk looked at her parents heavily.

-Tuk come here, you should try to sleep.-Neytiri told Tuk.

-I'll take care of Kiri, Tuk. Go ahead.-Liläk said, smiling at her.

-Maybe you should try to get some sleep tsawksyul.-Her mom told her.

-I doubt I will be able to.-She sighed. She stood up and went outside, where Neteyam and Lo'ak were sitting.

-How is she?-Lo'ak asked.

-Same...-Liläk answered.

She sat between her brothers. The three of them looked at the sea deep in thought. She was tired and was trying to keep having faith. She had to be strong...but it was getting harder each time. She was worried about Kiri. Missed her home. Was worried half of the days about Lo'ak getting in trouble. A little part of her worried about Spider, whenever she remembered about him. And to top it all off she couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to happen. The feeling that Quaritch was lurking about, winning time. That he would attack them when they least expected, waiting until they were happy and comfortable once again, only to take that away from them the minute he could.

-I'm so tired.-She murmured.

-It'll be okay...-Neteyam said to her.

-Are you sure about that, bro?-Lo'ak asked him harshly.

-No. But what else can we do?-Neteyam finished. After that, the three remained quiet before getting inside and sitting beside Kiri, where their parents were.

None of the Sullys slept that night. Even Tuk woke up in the middle of the night and quietly made her way to Neytiri's arms as they all surrounded Kiri and quietly pleaded, prayed or hoped she would wake at last.

The next morning Norm and Max got to the village to help. Liläk and Tuk hadn't left the hut since night time. It was nice seeing her dad's two friends after such a long time, it helped her feel like she got a little piece of her home back. But the conditions under why there were coming didn't give her any comfort. Kiri was still unconscious.

They got to the hut after landing the helicopter on the beach.

-Hey girls.-Norm said as he made his way hurriedly to Kiri. Tuk shied away a little from Norm and Max as they got in, she didn't know them much because she never joined her siblings when they went to the lab.

-Hey Norm...Tuk say hello.-She told her sister softly as she pointed to Norm.

-Hi.-Tuk said quickly.

-Hey Liläk. How you holding up?-Max asked the girl sweetly. The scientist had a weak spot for the twins, seeing as he worked with them when they were younger and also because they were Jake's first borns.

-You think you can help?-Liläk sighed.

-We'll do our best Li.-Max retorted heavily as he began setting up his instruments to help Kiri.

After a while, a beeping sound filled the hut as Norm and Max had set up a heart monitor for Kiri. Max was checking scans of Kiri's brain.

-There's no bleed, there's no fracture, no signs of hypoxia. Brain looks good.-He concluded as he showed it to Norm.