03

3 YEARS PRIOR

   Today in Tokyo, the sun had decided to be generous and to give some of its warmth to the population living and working in this immense metropolis. Tokyo was known to be a metropolis awake all the time, the lights coming from such place keeping it awake even in the darkest of the night and the lightest of the day. It was also known as a place where peacefulness and greenery didn't have their place as everyone was used to seeing Tokyo by its louder and flashiest side that everyone knew of.

Surprisingly, such places existed in Tokyo. Not many, but it still was there. One of them being a school where sorcerers were taught to become stronger and fight against spiritual beings called curses. A curse being the result of an accumulation of negative emotions coming from the human populace, their major enemy being the sorcerers that are here since the night of time to exorcise them. The phenomenon being worldwide, logically.

And there was the strongest sorcerer to ever be alive, Gojo Satoru, with the presence of his former teacher, Masamichi Yaga. The strongest sorcerer had long ago graduated from the school, him being now a teacher at Tokyo jujutsu high. And apparently, him and the principal were discussing about the first years Gojo was currently teaching. Kirara Hoshi, Kinji Hikari, and Leoni Hinode. They were talented and strong sorcerers. Even if two of them were obviously ahead of the third one, they still all had their own strength and power, making them all unique in their own way.

It has been a couple of months since the beginning of the school year and the principal was watching closely the growth of every one of his students. They were all growing into fine sorcerers with amazing power and a good amount of strength, reassuring him. It was his job as the principal to make sure all of his students were evolving into powerful sorcerers, after all. But then, there was one student that was a lot behind anyone: Hinode. The teen had passed his test to enter his school with flying colors. He had answered the principal's questions with exactly what the principal liked to hear and he passed the test as fast as the speed of light.

But then more the weeks would go and more Hinode was making the principal slightly worried.

He was far behind anyone and learning anything related to cursed energy seemed difficult and took a lot of time. He could barely use his cursed energy. Every time the principal would bring that up to Gojo, he would only reply with 'He's totally fine!' or anything along those lines.

And so this is why he had decided to talk to Satoru about it for good. If the death of one of his students could be avoided if they make the right thing at the right time instead of ignoring it, he would do what it takes to make sure that Leoni will become a part of the next generation of jujutsu sorcerers.

"Of course, he's struggling, everything around Leoni is new for him." Answered Gojo with a hint of mockery in his tone as he kept his gaze in front of him, letting his feet mindlessly walk at the same pace as the principal as Yaga had suggested a walk around the campus to discuss the matter.

"I'm fully aware of that, Satoru." Stated Yaga with slight annoyance as it looked as if Gojo didn't care about the issue.

"Let him some time then! He's working really hard, you know? Let him breathe for a second." Exclaimed the white-haired sorcerer with a sigh and an eye roll hidden by the bandages covering his eyes as a blindfold.

"It would be better for him if he would live on campus-"

"No, it would only be worst for him." Quickly answered Gojo with seriousness. He already had talked about it with Hinode, and he had made it clear that living on campus was a downright no. Leoni had lived there all his life and he would rather die than go live somewhere else.