Execution; Third Year begins

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ Chapter 23 ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Over the last week, Harry slowly got to know his Godfathers and has slowly warmed up to them. The two men met Draco, Narcissa's oldest and even Mini Snape as they started calling Tom. Said Alpha was hard to read, but sometimes they managed to see the softening of his face when Harry was around or the small soft smiles aimed at the Omega. Sirius nearly had a heart attack when he saw the Alpha and Harry cuddled together by the fireplace on one visit. No, his Pup was still too young to even date! Nevermind the spawn of Snape!! Remus thinks his husband is being a bit ridiculous, though he did give the young Alpha a small fanged grin, eyes glowing amber before the children had left. Just because he thinks his husband is a bit ridiculous, doesn't mean, he's not going to try and intimidate the Alpha, who merely stared back, unimpressed(No, Mooney was not sulking at not succeeding in intimidating the younger Alpha, you are just seeing things).

But August 14th was quickly coming and with it, the long awaited duel between Lord Malfoy and Lockhart. Harry had not slept the night before, plagued by nightmares and memories he wished to forget. After his third failed attempt to sleep, he had simply gotten up, grabbed his translators and moved to the window nook in the greenhouse where he sat working on adding some new languages and adjusting the runes to interlock with each other. Enperadorea found him at some point, the Vipris grumbling as he coiled around his Hatchling and dozed back off. It wasn't until dawn that a sleepy Tom kicked the door to greenhouse in and marched over to a slightly startled Harry.

The Alpha gently bullies his way behind Harry and wraps himself over the smaller Omega, quickly dozing back off with his face half buried in Harry's neck and his braid. The Omega giggles softly, pets Tom's head and hums softly to sooth him back to sleep even as he keeps working. It's not until almost 7:30am when Auntie Cissy finds them and calls them to breakfast that Harry dares to awaken both his grumpy Gus's. Enperadorea hissing nonsensical threats with Tom hissing his own silly threats as they head off to get ready for the day. Harry heads up to his room, showers and gets dressed. His Aunt and Uncles convinced him to attend the duel today, stating that it will help him get over some of his fear to know that Lockhart can never hurt him or anyone else ever again. Even Healer Amber agreed that it will help with dealing with some of his internalized self blame and repressed feelings.

Severus chuckles softly when Harry comes in with Tom half draped over his back, still not fully awake. He carefully moves his son with some of his shadows and settles some rare steak strips and soft boiled eggs in front of him before turning to serve himself his own breakfast. Narcissa giggles as Draco sleepily sips his tea. Summers were infamous for being synonymous with sleeping in and Draco was a bit of a lazy bug when the mood struck him and it happened more often in the summer, especially now that's he's presented and seems to be burning through his stamina reserves more often than previously. Tom wasn't much better, though he's always been the coiled snake waiting to strike type before, but now he seems a bit more active and tires a bit quicker.

"Hadrian, did you sleep at all last night?" Lucius wonders, coming in.

He is not dressed like he normally does. His pressed three piece suit and lordly robes were replaced with comfortable, but no doubt durable skin tight trousers and a white button up hidden under a waist coat that shimmered with Acromantula silk. Even his long hair was not left loose and slicked back as he normally wore it. In fact, he recognized what looked like viking style braids in his hair, all intricately interwoven into each other and then into the main braid that he bound tightly in silvery blue dyed leather ribbons. And to complete his look was a dragon hide cloak, it was clearly old and severely worn, but somehow still managed to look fresh and new. The silvery white and blue of it mesmerizing. Lucius wore it with a sense of pride and love mixed with a hint of mourning. Harry wondered why, but then remembered the question his uncle directed at him.