Bonus Chapter 13.3: His Purpose of Life

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

Avalon paid no heed to this and continued.

"You still love me and you know it!" She screeched.

Aaron dragged a hand through his hair in frustration.
"I don't love you, Avalon. How can I when I love Lexi?" He shouted.

Everything stopped for me there.

Aaron froze in his tracks, having realised what he said.

But, I couldn't concentrate on anything over the beating of my heart.

Aaron's POV when Avalon ripped the blanket: Part 3                  ____________________________________________

Not Justin, no.

"I need to tell you something. Something I should have told you before." Justin disclosed and Aaron's heart stopped then at the dampened tone of his friend's voice, his mind going erratic.

Not Justin, right?

Still, the lowered tone of his friend's voice unsettled him as did the long silence that followed and Aaron's hands clenched by his side.

"What?" He asked curiously when Justin said nothing, eyebrows furrowed. He tried to speak with as much casualness as he could fathom, but his voice still came off as terse.

It was then that his eyes shifted towards Lexi. If not him then Justin would have probably told her, but the confusion on her face showed him that she knew nothing. He ignored the shudder up his spine at her meeting his eyes as he turned away promptly focusing on the matter at hand.

Then finally, with baited breaths, he lifted a hand and motioned between Avalon and Justin.

"You're not..." Aaron's voice drawled off before he completed his sentence because he did not want to continue to ask the question.

To ask if something had happened between them.

They had been close since birth and known each other for longer; only a fool would be blind to see how much Justin had treasured her. Perhaps, he thought, there may have been a time when this closeness had led to something more. It was a fleeting thought, bred out of his paranoia, but it was a thought nonetheless. So, he watched Justin's reaction carefully, only for him to raise an eyebrow. He was confused at what Aaron was asking and Aaron stared at him incredulously. Justin- the smartest person Aaron knew and yet he couldn't understand this.

Aaron shook his head and spoke again, his voice hesitant at the uncomfortable line of questioning.
"You and Avalon... you're not... you haven't... been...?" Aaron ended his sentence with an awkward cough. The majority of his mind knew that nothing would have gone on between Avalon and Justin. He knew that they had just been close friends and Justin was as moral as they'd ever come. If he had liked her then he would have said something to her before setting her up with Aaron. Besides, Aaron could read Justin's eyes like no other. His facial expressions never changed but his eyes said it all. They had only looked at Avalon with brotherly affection; not with anything more intimate, not the way he looked at Raven, that was for certain.

It was then that Justin seemed to understand his words and the confused look was wiped off his face. He slowly glanced at Avalon before turning to Aaron, a blank look on his face.