1

CHAPTER 1

Orphans in the Omaticaya clan were given the exact same treatment as those kids with families. The same training that they requested for, same food, same love. The only difference between them was that the orphaned children did not have a family while others did.

That was the only thing that set Eríhe apart from Neteyam and Lo'ak Sully. And though she should be grateful for the treatment and opportunities she'd gotten, she envied them for it.

"Let's go, two minutes people - let's go."

Erìhe heard Jake over the comms as she flew above the scene on ikran. The teenager had been allowed on the mission as lookout, and even if it was only a small job - she was determined to do it well. After all, it could make all the difference.

The Omaticaya warriors were mid raid at that very moment. The sky people had returned to their planet years prior, and all that while the Na'vi had been taking on small missions to slow down their progress. So far all the raids had been quite successful with minimal casualties on their side.

Looking down, Erìhe could see the warriors handing out the weapons they had found on the train they had just blown to pieces.

"Bro! We have got to get down there!"

Eríhe looked over to her right to see Lo'ak talking to Neteyam. By some miracle, the young boy had been allowed to come with them, "Lo'ak. No," Erìhe told him sternly.

"Yeah - no way! Dad will skin us!" Neteyam yelled over the flapping of wings and cries from the people below. Typically, he would hate to agree with the girl, but in this situation it would just be foolish not to.

"Come on, don't be a wuss," Lo'ak taunted them before turning his ikran down toward the ground.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam yelled, "Get back here you-" he groaned in frustration before following his brother.

Erìhe sighed and rolled her eyes before adjusting her windbreaker lower on her forehead and swooping low. It was guaranteed that Lo'ak would never be allowed on a mission again. Before her ikran had even landed properly, Erìhe had disconnected her queue and leapt down to reach the two boys. "You two will be in so much trouble," she cackled as she neared them. Now that she was down there, she might just as well help them out.

"You'll be in as big of trouble as us," Lo'ak said. He led the others toward the spot where the human weapons were being distributed. He was right - the chief would have her head for this.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam called as he ran side by side with Erìhe. He cast her a look, "Why wouldn't you stop him?"

"Like there's any stopping him," Erìhe mumbled, weaving past the Na'vi to reach the distribution point.

"Here, boy! Go!" The warrior said as he handed Lo'ak a gun.

Lo'ak turned around and let out a war cry as Neteyam caught up with him. "Lo'ak!" He said, grabbing his brothers hand and pulling him to the ground, "You don't even know how to use it."

Lo'ak cocked the gun, "Dad taught me," he said proudly.

Erìhe walked past the two and accepted a weapon from the warrior. She smiled and pointed it toward the sky, looking through the aim. Jake had brought some of his human ways into the clan, and now learning to use a gun had become mandatory.

As she looked up at the sky, her eyes widened. A ship was headed toward them.

Immediately she lowered the gun and tapped both Lo'ak and Neteyam harshly, "Let's go!" She told them and turned around to run for the forest. There was no time to get the ikran.