~ Forty Nine ~

Friday 26th June 2020

I've been home for five days now, having spent some quality time with Sophia and Cormac with the first two days, then going back to the flat to spend some time with Cal, whilst also seeing some of the guys, like Chip, GIb, Theo and Reeve. I'm seeing the guys today, filming for a Sidemen Sunday, a Mukbang. Obviously. 

I'm looking forward to seeing them, this is the longest time we've spent away from each other since we properly started spending time with eachother. And, even though we have made videos all throughout lockdown and have of course been talking to each other whilst making videos, but it's so different from actually being with them in person. My brothers.

The Mukbang were filming toady is going to be out on mine and Freezy's garden terrace, with plenty of space for us to social distance from one another. Simon and JJ being the only ones to not have to distance as they live together. Can't help but think about them being lucky bastards, not going to lie. But what can you do?

Thankfully it's pretty warm out today, so I don't have to worry about it raining, or needing some warmers out by the garden furniture. I just need to move stuff about once Kon, John, James and Jay arrive, Kon will no doubt tell me where he wants everything so we get the best layout the looks 'asethetically pleasing' to the viewers. God bless Kon and his eye for how to make things look great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The garden area has been set up for about an hour now, Kon having set up where he wants certain cameras and whatever new piece of tech he's bought over lockdown. I swear every time we see him, hes showing off whatever new device he's got.

Ethan is first to arrive, he's happy. He's excited. He's extremely talkative, chatting away to Freezy and John. But, the bags under his eyes show just how hard this period of isolation has been for him. I know him well enough to know that today is much bigger for him, he's a very social person, who also prefers his own space, but lockdown has been too much space for him. Not that he'd admit that to just anybody. He doesn't like to look weak, not after what happened a few years back.

I can't see him get to that point again.

Once Ethan finishes his conversation with the lads, I swoop in, holding out a beer. 

"Bit early isn't it lad?" He accepts is no the less, his shoulders shaking as he chuckles.

"Five o'clock somewhere." I shrug my shoulders, it's just gone one o'clock, this certainly isn't the earliest we've ever had a drink. "How's it going brother?"

"Oh you know." He pauses for a second, a gloomy look taking over, but it's gone pretty quick, taken over by a cheerful smile. "Pretty shit, mate." He laughs, his typical Ethan laugh, but his eyes tell me everything I need to know.

"Why don't you come with me to Phia's tonight? we'll order in some food, we'll have a laugh, you can stay in the spare room and we'll just have a good night?"

Without even contemplating it, he's already shaking his head no.

"I can't just interupt your time with her lad, you've hardly seen her since March, I don't want to third wheel." I roll my eyes at him before throwing him a 'shut up' look.

"We spent time together for two nights, shut up lad. She will be more than happy to have you over, trust me. I've missed ya lad, and so has Soph and Mac. So you'll be doing me a favour in keeping them happy. Plus, I can tell that you're struggling, so let me take some of the world off your shoulders and we enjoy a night, yeah?" His face softens, his shoulders drop from their defensive stance that appeared whilst I was talking, and a small smile shows.

"Thanks mate, I'd love to come over. Just make sure our Soph's ok with it first." I nod, tipping my beer bottle towards him to cheers against his. Sorted.